Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 15:12 #193

Bob may not be able to out-mess you, but I sure can! Even messy, your bench has far more room than I have! I even had to bring in a folding TV tray to work on since my bench is so cluttered I can't work on it. I wish I could get my room even half that organized and clean! Way to go!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 15:28 #194

Absalutely MANTASTIC when I grow up that is what I want a large work room

I will propable end up with a small work place that is clean anyway hahahaha :geek
  • SA Dave
  • SA Dave
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 16:53 #195

Space .... the final frontier .... strange how much sense that makes :bgrin

I have to carry the big ones out on the balcony to paint them and photograph them. It's only the very small ones that fit on my desk and only one at a time.

That's a great man cave Bob, totally understand the impact of moving to a smaller place.

Laurence
  • White_Wolf
  • White_Wolf
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 17:05 #196

Duke Maddog wrote:
Bob may not be able to out-mess you, but I sure can! Even messy, your bench has far more room than I have! I even had to bring in a folding TV tray to work on since my bench is so cluttered I can't work on it. I wish I could get my room even half that organized and clean! Way to go!

Yeah, but...... You work in 1/72nd scale! I work in 1/35th mostly, but I build huge four feet by eight feet dioramas! Try that in a 6 inch by 6 inch work area! :yipee

Bob

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 17:11 #197

SA Dave wrote:
Absalutely MANTASTIC when I grow up that is what I want a large work room

I will propable end up with a small work place that is clean anyway hahahaha :geek

Hey Dave,

It's all about what you are used to! Before this one, I had two workshops. Combined, they were about 300 square feet, (About 30 square meters). This one is 96 square feet, (about 9 square meters), so it's a huge difference! No problem, I'll get used to it, but the diorama Logistics wouldn't even fit in this room if it was empty!

OK, waiting for the violins to start! :bgrin

Bob

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 20 Dec 2017 17:11 #198

White_Wolf wrote:
Space .... the final frontier .... strange how much sense that makes :bgrin

I have to carry the big ones out on the balcony to paint them and photograph them. It's only the very small ones that fit on my desk and only one at a time.

That's a great man cave Bob, totally understand the impact of moving to a smaller place.

Laurence

Thank you sir!

When I built the Winds of War back in the 1970s, I had to assemble it out in the garage, the only place it would fit for the final assembly! Then, after the IPMS Nationals, when I brought it back home, I realized it would not go through a standard door, so, it went into the garage and the car stayed outside! Regardless, I still never learned my lesson from that. I keep on building them! :facepalm

Bob

Last Edit: 20 Dec 2017 17:15 by bob letterman.

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 21 Dec 2017 13:54 #199

bob letterman wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:

Yeah, but...... You work in 1/72nd scale! I work in 1/35th mostly, but I build huge four feet by eight feet dioramas! Try that in a 6 inch by 6 inch work area! :yipee

Bob

Just because it's in 1/72 scale doesn't mean that it's always small. I have done that in a 6"x6" space... building a 1/72 scale Saturn V rocket, a 1/72 scale Dora railgun, a 1/72 scale DC-6, C-118, Tu-16 Badger..... should I go on? ;) :bgrin

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 21 Dec 2017 15:30 #200

Duke Maddog wrote:
bob letterman wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:

Bob

Just because it's in 1/72 scale doesn't mean that it's always small. I have done that in a 6"x6" space... building a 1/72 scale Saturn V rocket, a 1/72 scale Dora railgun, a 1/72 scale DC-6, C-118, Tu-16 Badger..... should I go on? ;) :bgrin
I have an 1/100 B52 coming up some time nd that thing is humongoes
  • SA Dave
  • SA Dave
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier

Workshop/Marquee Finished. Updated Dec. 19th, 2017 21 Dec 2017 16:09 #201

SA Dave wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:
bob letterman wrote:
Duke Maddog wrote:

Bob

I have an 1/100 B52 coming up some time nd that thing is humongoes

Jeesh you two!

OK, I give up! 72nd scale is HUGE!!!!! :yipee

Bob

Time to create page: 2.118 seconds