• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Vietnam Marines question

jknaus

Administrator
Did the Marines use shipboard MSE when they were on the ground in revetments in country? Like did they use shipboard mules or other MSE to tow their a/c around or start carts etc? Or did they use Airforce equipment or maybe even their own? Just curious as i have files for a mule and some add on mods for it. Very few pics of MSE around Marine a/c.
James

1705123706278.png
1705124003591.png
1705124035072.png
1705124047863.png
1705124056688.png
1705124072616.png

Thanks Saul. I'll blow up the pic but I'm not seeing any mules. Interesting that they had central point refuelling. I hated the fuel pit at Barbers point. The few times I refuelled there the hoses leaked and one time the damn hose fell off the nozzle after I attached it to the a/c.

Bob MSE is Maintenance Support Equipment.. Mules, huffers or Air Start Units, Power carts etc. Also known at AMSE or Aircraft Maintenance Support Equipment..

James

From what I understand, the mule... would be US Navy equipment. I will try to find a photo or video to confirm.

Back