• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Trumpeter's Jagdpanzer E-100

Sharkmouth

Information Overload
Staff member
SciFiJgdPzE100-001.JPG

I will try to keep the KISS principle...

no, not this KISS
:erik

Regards,

Well,Saúl...

I am not that big a fan of sci-fi stuff.But I will sure follow THIS one!!! (y)

[let me guess were you got that KISS figure from...] :D

Greetings,Ron.

I am looking forward to watching your progress! :popcorn

Fantastic kit, relaxing project (I hope so).

All the best!
Dusan.

SciFi002.JPG

Barrel is done but I have an RB Barrel that I plan to use. Sadly, a locking ring is missing so I hope RB Models will replace it. The mantlet is a strange design which would keep rainwater it, I need to figure out how to resolve that.

SciFi003.JPG

The rear fighting compartment doors had their hinges rounded off and a punch added for the hinge pins holes to be drilled.

SciFi004.JPG

How it looks on the rear plate.

SciFi005.JPG

The Bosch driving light cable was removed and needs replacing with wire as well as an armored nut to cover the hull penetration.

SciFi006.JPG

The vent tubes are molded short so off they go (the closer pair are scraped off in this view). Wire will be used to replace them as well.

Lots of over bits like ventilators and the suspension spring mounts were glued on and they will appear in photographs later.

Regards,

Don't know what to tell ya bout the rain water thing but it would be a great excuse to do a nice effect of water and gungi buildup effect.

I completely missed this, Saul, looks like a good start. Was the RB piece missing from the package?

SciFi002.JPG

Barrel is done but I have an RB Barrel that I plan to use. Sadly, a locking ring is missing so I hope RB Models will replace it. The mantlet is a strange design which would keep rainwater it, I need to figure out how to resolve that.

One thing you may find usefull for this are the tiny c clips used in plumbing. You can get them cheap at a decent plumbing retailer, or maybe even lowe's. These clips are used in kitchen sprayers, and some plastic faucet carts and stems. You should be able to find them in a mixed pack for a couple of bucks. Good luck CR

How damaging was it on the wallet?
Well, I NEVER pay MSRP which is $67.95USD.

I completely missed this, Saul, looks like a good start. Was the RB piece missing from the package?
Yes, it was. I sent them an email, in Polish and with a photograph (from their web site) showing the missing part, but no reply other than the return receipt I make my e-mails automatically generate.

One thing you may find usefull for this are the tiny c clips used in plumbing.

Hi CR,

Do you have a photo so I know what to look for?

Regards,

not off hand but i can lead you to one- IF you have a deck mount sprayer in the kitchen.

Pull the sprayer up, unscrew the handle from the hose - look at the hose end, there are two black washers, a thick one and a thin one, pull em off... see the tiny metal C clip on the plastic nipple? Thats one example, there are dozens of different ones similar that go on stems and carts, but the sprayers are all the same.

For the rain problem, how about a cloth cover bolted to the Mantle ala M48. That would also solve the missing ring problem. Just thinking out loud :)
James

For the rain problem, how about a cloth cover bolted to the Mantle ala M48. That would also solve the missing ring problem.

I like the idea about the mantlet cover. As for it solving the missing ring, I did not show which was missing. It is the muzzle brake locking ring between the muzzle brake and the barrel.

The more I look at this kit, the more fiction I see. Whoever designed the vehicle (from the minds of Trumpeter or New Connections to which this model does have a close resemblance) there is a lot not taken into consideration!

Here is the New Connection StuG E-100 kit as built by Frank Foster:
http://www.panzer-modell.de/berichte/e-100_stug/e100_stug.htm

Here is another build with more originality:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,2604.0.html

Mine MUST be different.
;)

Regards,

For the rain problem, how about a cloth cover bolted to the Mantle ala M48. That would also solve the missing ring problem.

Mine MUST be different.
;)

Regards,

Maybe this might help (or hinder lol)

Rectangular plastic tube with wires at regular intervals feeding back into body. This would make a magnetic rail gun firing solid core slugs at hyperspeed. High impact foam around the body where the running gear would be. Thus a hovercraft type design. This starts getting into the really sci fiish stuff though.
James

Mine MUST be different.
;)

Regards,

Maybe this might help (or hinder lol)

Rectangular plastic tube with wires at regular intervals feeding back into body. This would make a magnetic rail gun firing solid core slugs at hypervelocity. High impact foam around the body where the running gear would be. Thus a hovercraft type design. This starts getting into the really sci fiish stuff though.
James

This kit has too much Fi and not enough Sci...

E100SciFiHull.JPG

Not only that, with the replacement barrel, this thing would be too long and nose heavy. Luckily, I may have a remedy in store.

Regards,

Back