• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Three More Vehicles in December for the Duke

Duke Maddog

Lately I've been busy trying to complete a number of vehicles that are fast and easy to finish or are so close to being done that I'm just moving them over the finish line. These are my three latest completions.

First is this Revell of Germany 1/72 scale German Dingo scout vehicle. It was a box left behind at our Hobby Hall, so I decided to build it. I needed decals from the spares box but it is done:

[IMG ]https://modelersalliance.org/galler...-19-greanade-launcher-i-jpg.130228/full[/IMG]

full

full

Next is this ancient AMC model of the 1/72 scale German Steyr 1500 truck, done up as one serving in the Afrika Korps:

full

full

full

And finally, there is this last model by ACE; this is the 1/72 scale 1937 Ford Stakebed truck done up as the demonstrator model for companies needing strong trucks. Again, a lot of trouble getting decent pics with my camera and phone; these are the best three of all the attempts I made:

full

full

full

That's all for now; I might get one or two more vehicles done before year end so stay tuned. Until then, comments are welcome, thanks for looking in.

Thank you Greg! The Stakebed is an even better win in my opinion; it is number 895 in my collection now.
895 models? Built or in boxes. If built, that is awesome! Where to put them all? I have 12 finished models and almost no more room to put any new ones LOL.

Thank you Greg! Yes, all 895 vehicles are built; I have 825 on display at the Las Vegas IPMS Nationals. I also have no room to display them either so I do keep them in the tubs I used to transport them. In addition to these vehicles, I also have close to 500 finished aircraft and almost 300 ships, both Navy and civilian finished. So, I also have no room to put anything, but I'm working on it! LOL!

Thank you Mike! I got a few more coming, and then I hope to be at least as productive next year!

Stay tuned!

Have you considered dry-brushing the base coat on your weathered vehicles to pop out the raised detail dust might not stick to?
My 2 bits.

Chris, thank you for posting! Yes, I have tried dry-brushing the raised details. Sometimes it doesn't show in the photographs for some reason. I even try editing the pics to try and get it to show more, but still fail. I will continue to try though. I got this new camera from my nephew and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Thank you James!

Thank you Sharkman! I do hope to find a venue where I can put them all out and take photographs again. I'm even gonna try that again when I reach 900 which is just around the corner. We'll see, I believe God provides and I'm praying He provides me a decent place to display them for a long enough time to justify bringing them all out and setting them up.

Back