• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

The Duke's German Steel Campaign Launch

Duke Maddog

Here is where my German Steel campaign efforts will be posted. Official start pics will be posted here on or after February 28th.

Okay, I finally managed to get started on my model for this German Steel Group Build. This one is a 1/72 scale Dragon Panzer IV. I've had this one for awhile, so I felt it was time to finally build it. This Group Build gave me the perfect excuse to start this. Here is the starting pic so you can see I'm doing this right:

WIP_German_Steel_I.jpg

I started on the lower hull; adding all the details to the front and back of it:

WIP_German_Steel_II.jpg

WIP_German_Steel_III.jpg

Next I built the gun and mantlet:

WIP_German_Steel_V.jpg

Parts of it are not glued into place yet.

Finally, I also assembled the upper hull for this:

WIP_German_Steel_IV.jpg

I hope to get the turret done pretty soon, as well as add all the roadwheels.

Stay tuned for more, comments are welcome.

Not much to post here right now. I simply got my Dragon Panzer IV almost ready for paint. I did get all assembly done except the running gear:

WIP_German_Steel_VI.jpg

That should be easy. I had also already painted the tracks for this and my other two Dragon StuG kits black.

After dealing with all the latest health issues; catching up on some work, and finally getting my life on a slightly more even keel, I managed to get quite a bit of time and productivity on the workbench.

I finally got the basecoat on this Panzer IV I've had sitting around waiting for paint.

My Dragon Panzer IV:

WIP_German_Steel_VII.jpg

It's coming along. I hope to get more done on it soon. Stay tuned.

This one will be part of my collection. However, if my Germans need some reinforcement on the tabletop battlefield, I might bring it out for a little combat action.

Here's another update on this little beastie.

I got this washed with a brown wash first:

WIP_German_Steel_VIII.jpg

I know, kinda backward. I should have put the decals on it first, like this:

WIP_German_Steel_IX.jpg

Oh well, I was able to do a touch-up wash afterward. I also noticed that I needed to hit these decals with some Solvaset to snuggle them down and eliminate the silvering. After I did that, I painted up some of the details and later I added the tracks:

WIP_German_Steel_X.jpg

Now all I have to do is add the tools and other detail parts, weather this up, and I can call this done. Thanks for looking in, stay tuned for more.

I've seen others do a wash prior to decals, did it myself but I just forgot to put them on. :bang head

:popcorn

Yeah, that's exactly what happened to me. Thanks for replying my friend.

Thanks Phil, it is a fun little kit to build. I've also been building an ancient Airfix kit alongside it as a comparison build. What a difference!

Okay, this Panzer IV is now done:

German_Panzer_IV_F2_I.jpg

The two completed pics are posted in the Completion Thread, feel free to check them out.

Back