• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ted's Panther

Ted

Here's my project. It has a die cast upper and lower hull which don't fit together very well. All of the references for the eary G Panther I can find show zimmerit but I don't think I can manage 1/72 zimmerit this month. I may add a chin to the mantlet to represent a late model G without zimmerit. If any of you have advice or feedback it would be much appreciated; I don't know much about German armour.

IMG_7587.jpg

Hi Ted,

G without zimmerit??
Looking at www.missing-lynx.com/ in gallery are some Panther G without zimm.
Good luck Ted.

Cheers.
Pavel

Thanks for the info guys. The die cast hulls fit really badly. Here it is with black primer followed by Tamiya dark yellow (lightened with white). I made new skirts from styrene sheet, about .015" thick

IMG_7595.jpg

Hi Ted, I wondered about these Dragon kits with the metal hull, It looks like you are getting the most out of thisone (y)....Randy

Here's the finished tank. I brush-painted the camo with Vallejo paints. Weathered with oils and pigments. I couldn't find the skirts until after I'd finished weathering, then, just as I was throwing out the instructions I found them taped to the box where I'd airbrushed them. I took a photo of the tank with my Braille Scale Bonanza entry from last year. Now I want to do a 1/35 Panther.

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7820.jpg

IMG_7823.jpg

Hi Ted.

That is one nice looking Panther. And it IS finished, but if you want to, you still have until tomorrow to try to get the side skirts dusted up and put on. But I personally have always liked the look of a Panther with no skirts myself.

Gary B)

Ted wrote:
Here's the finished tank. I brush-painted the camo with Vallejo paints. Weathered with oils and pigments. I couldn't find the skirts until after I'd finished weathering, then, just as I was throwing out the instructions I found them taped to the box where I'd airbrushed them.

Snipped:

IMG_7821.jpg

Snipped:

If anyone asks about or otherwise mentions the missing side-skirts just tell them that it is a MALE Panther. VBG

Cheers from Peter

Back