• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sikorski SH3H Seaking Fujimi 1/72

dollar19

Ok boys I'm in this one too.
I've got the 1981 boxing of this kit, that's been hanging around much too long in the stash. As usual it will be an OOB build unless I come across some really inexpensive AM parts or markings.

It may take me a few weeks to really get started on it as I still have the Cutless to finish and an A-10 build for a friend.

So here are the mandatory start up pictures..
IMG_1243.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

I'll be back shortly to get this going . :drinks

Just a heads up, I probably won't get a start on this until after the Christmas Holidays. Way too much going on here getting ready for Santa's visit. I have a few toys to assemble for my little grandson. The warning labels say adult supervision and some assembly required!

Ikea sends out better instructions than some of these toy manufactures.

Plus I'm still trying to finish up my buddy"s A-10.

Just a heads up, I probably won't get a start on this until after the Christmas Holidays. Way too much going on here getting ready for Santa's visit. I have a few toys to assemble for my little grandson. The warning labels say adult supervision and some assembly required!

Good luck finding that Adult supervisor. :rotf :Hiay

Good luck finding that Adult supervisor. :rotf :Hiay

:rotf :rotf :rotf
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are!

Tim

Sikorski SH3H Seaking Fujimi 1/72 FAIL!

Just to check in here. I have decided to shelf this build. Two things gave me the reasons for this. #1 I just couldn't get my head into this kit. Dont know what it is but there just isn't any umph here. I have had this in the stash going on 30 years. So a few more wont matter.

#2 I did start on it like applying the IP decal and realized immediately that new decals were going to be a necessity! Then I thought an AM PE set would spice the old girl up a bit. Then it was how much do i spend on an old kit that I'm not at all fired up about building?

Short answer.... Back to the shelf. Hell if someone wants it I'll sell it to you or trade it!!

Any way, I'm going to start a new thread here and introduce the Academy 1/72 F6F-3. If time allows and I can keep my mojo going I might add another build later.

Back