• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Scammell Pioneer SV/2S Heavy Recovery Tractor

randy_ditton

Master at Arms
Hi Folks,

Here is my entree for this GB....

074-1.jpg

075.jpg

011-23.jpg

This is a resin kit from Accurate Armour. I went with the 1/48th scale version. This will be my first armor in this scale and my first resin kit.

Working on collecting reference. This was a British truck built in the late 30's. Served in BEF, N. Africa, Italy, N.W. Europe and also with the RAF.

Ordered this direct from AA in Scotland and it arrived in 6 days!!! Very impressed with their customer service!

Upon opening the box I've got two bags holding about a 115 parts and a bag with decals, pe fret, chain and some thread plus instructions and clear plastic for windows.

The detail on the parts is excellant with my only compliant so far that the really small parts were not protected very well in the bags resulting in some breakage.

078.jpg

079.jpg

080.jpg

I'm off to clean up some parts, will post more soon.

Randy

Interesting build, a little advice:use plastic bags, or plastic totes to sort the parts before you remove the flash, and overpour. The couple of bars with small parts I would just leave on until needed. also you may need to wash the parts to remove mold release. get freash super glue and debonder. Please let me know what you think of the resin, I am thinking of buying one of the Hets and trailer
thanks
Jim

Thanks for looking in Terry

Jim, I got to say that the resin is harder than I expected. I guess I'm used to a softer resin from figures. The pieces are pretty much free of bubbles but I'm dealing with some nasty mold lines and flash.

Thank you for the tip on sorting!

Randy

Hey Randy what's cookin with the Scrammell? You're about done with the bike and I would like to see this worked out

Terry :ro:

If you PM me your e-mail i can send some technical drawings of the Scammell
//Mats

Back