• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Rob's CTA Entry - Airfix 1/76 Panther

Hi All

Last minute Charley has arrived!! And with any luck, I will get time enough to sort this before the deadline.

I, along with my two sons, Cam and Logan, are each building a Panther tank. We are building the most unaccurate offering, that being the Airfix 1/76 kit.

First, the formalities:

DSC_3631_zps90cc0405.jpg

DSC_3633_zps15152a18.jpg

As the initial view on the CTA build was to go with something you would not usually build, I've gone for this kit as I usually do not build German items, and I will be finishing it in a scene as though it has been sitting post war for some time (I usually build vehicles as they come from the factory or in parade finish).

The build will be, for the most part, otb.. but with the odd little addition to finish things off.

To start with, I have assembled the turret and the top of the hull. Considering the age of this kit, there has been minimal warping and flash to clean up.

I have intentionally left the copula hatch and drivers hatch partly open, and not installed the MG as part of the build.

DSC_3651_zpsbde73cad.jpg

DSC_3652_zpsa5278564.jpg

DSC_3653_zps09fe0828.jpg

DSC_3654_zps7b236851.jpg

Next will be doing the suspension and lower hull. Watch this space.

I will get Cam to post soon, and will go through posting with Logan later after this.

All comments welcome.

Cheers

Rob

Back