• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Making buttons/replacing buttons

Very cool. Where do you get your lead sheet from? Also do you make a small hole in the wood to make the shape first?

moon puppy wrote:
Sorry for missing this when I migrated the Mastersclasses from the old site.

Hey Bob, no problem at all. Hopefully it can be of some use.

Joe

jknaus wrote:
Very cool. Where do you get your lead sheet from? Also do you make a small hole in the wood to make the shape first?

James,

Thanks. I used to get it from VLS but have not had a need to buy any more. I have a sheet that is about 2"x 2" and I have made every button on the last 15 figures and this includes the MANY that I dropped into the glue or floor!!
No, I do not make a hole. I have actually started using a small piece of card board that comes in football/baseball packs. It is the size of a card but is the dummy one. I have also used, until it became messy the green cutting mat on my desk. If you practice a little you can make them flat, dome or etc with whatever amount of pressure you apply. I hope this helps.

Joe

Back