• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M4A1 76mm

Sherman 18

Master at Arms
A Italeri kit, added On The Mark PE and a gun tube from DML. I'm still working on the track, DML link to link. My hands can only stand to do about 10 links a day, and I have pretty much burned out on the track. My just break down and order a Panda set.

026_20100110_1338848153.jpg

025_20100110_2022369506.jpg

027_20100110_1771089244.jpg

028_20100110_1657310541.jpg

Looking Real Good. I hear you on those tracks, they'll suck your soul out of you if your not careful.

Hey S18
Looks good mate. What can you tell me about the markings? Israelite?
Did you make the foul weather hood for the bow gun, or is it a resin affair?
Brad

Hiya Sherman.

That is a nice Sherman you got there Sherman ;) . I don't know if your interested, but I learned a long time ago that the easiest way to handle the DML indy link Sherman tracks was to just litteraly throw them together with no clean up or nothing, then give a generous coating of mud. Especially if it is one of the sets with like 4 or 5 pieces for each link :pinch: . And it will still work, as they do indeed have mud in Isreal. Just not a lot of it :silly: .

Gary B)

Sherman,

Great work on this one! It´s nice to see other IDF sherman around, I can´t wait to start painting mine.
I won´t say ´I love Dragon LBL tracks` but you can get a very good result if you got the patience to clean-up and build them. I suggest you to build small segments just like a ´Link-n-lenght` track set then paint and put them in place, or glue everything in place and then paint it (works best for me this way)
Can´t have enough Shermans, don´t you agree? ;)
Cheers,

Juliano

Back