• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Leopard2's 1/72 RoG M1A1 HA Abrams

Leopard2

IMG_0422-1.jpg

IMG_0423-1.jpg

Hey looks great, but don't get started too early! The build does not start until May 1st.

Terry B)

First I am to early with the newspaper pic and now I am to late. I dont know if that is a good or bad sign for this build. Anyway, here are the pics with a correct date. I can't believe how fast some of you guys are going. Well I better get started then since a week from tomorrow my modeling time will be significantly cut back because I will be starting to work again after 15 month sitting at home.

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Ok, so that I don't fall to far behind I threw some glue and parts together as well. The fit is pretty good and not much flash to clean up either. Unfortunately I had a broken piece on the turret basket, but since I have another of these M1 I just stole the piece from another kit. I drilled out the barrel but other than that and because of time constraint it will be strictly OoB.

Joe

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

Thanks Eric, its an easy and quick build. The only real challenge will be the link and length tracks because the single links look pretty fragile.

Joe

Ty Jenny. For my part I really do like the 1/72 RoG kits. They came a long way especially in the last 10 years. They have good detail, hardly any flash and a good fit. The tanks all come with link and length tracks and their wheeled kits usually have a full suspension and drive train assemblies. Only big draw back is that the paint call outs are all for Revell paints including their mix ratios. If you want something wheeled I recommend either the Luchs or Fuchs and for a tank the Biber Bridge layer. For my Part I say the have some of the best 1/72 kits you can get. Here are a cpl pics of the ones I build

IMG_0439.jpg

Tpz Fuchs

IMG_0440.jpg

Spaehpanzer Luchs

IMG_0441.jpg

Merkava

Got her primed and painted now. Next will be painting the wheels and fiddling with the link and length tracks (Thanks for side skirts...oops did I say that. I am just not quite happy the way the smoke dischargers look...it seems the angle is wrong. Anyone an idea?

Joe

IMG_0447.jpg

Hi Joe.

You have a real nice start on the paint there. And it is nice having those big old side skirts to hide all that track work. Kinda makes that part easy ;) .

Gary B)

Little update. I high lighted the side skirts and larger areas a little and used highly thinned Tamiya clear smoke on the side skirts for shading. The rubber part of the road wheels is very small so I opted for rubber tires over painted with sand. Next will be the link and length tracks.

Joe

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

Ohhh. And now it is starting to get some of the color variation and beginning of the weathering. And don't you just love that Tamiya Smoke? It is great stuff once you start playing around with it to see what it can do.

Gary B)

Gary, its the first time that I actually used the Tamiya smoke, and I am sure it wasn't the last time.

Joe

Once you get used to using it, it can do all kinds of stuff. Especially when you are working on light and shadow, or forced perspective and depth. If you have a good enough airbrush, you can even use it on figures :woohoo: .

Gary B)

Some people in our club use for quite some time now especially on figures. I always forgot about using it except for tinting clear parts...lol.

JOe

Back