• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri Bugatti 1/12 FINISHED

Excellent Paddy!
Popcorn-Watching-with.jpg

Sewed some grass :)

_DSC8540_01.JPG

Fence is balsa, i drilled the ends of the posts and put some 3mm dia alloy in and drilled the base 3mm as well so the posts are strengthened /pegged. First row of cobble stones are down as well

_DSC8548.JPG

OK so i have laid a road, all be it rather narrow but its not a diorama, just a base with so relevant bits to tie it to the model.
Vegetation needs to be a lot more wild, its not a bowling green :) but i am waiting for some longer static grass and some weeds... Front will be more vegetation and all the wood work needs to darker and more weathered.

The good thing about waiting for parts is.........you do things like this that you wouldn't normally do :cool:

I think i am nearly there with a base, just need to tidy up a bit round the edges and remove the masking tape.

_DSC8573.JPG

I am starting to wonder if i will ever get ant further than this...lol

_DSC8574.JPG

My problem is i am bored and i know if i start something else i will never come back and finish this :-(

I will have a look and see if hot water softens it, doubt i will use it but it will keep me busy :)

Look what arrived in the post today....

_DSC8897.JPG

We finally have a new body shell.
Its hardly surprising this took 3 months and 2 attempts to arrive as this package arrived today from Italy with no customs declaration , amazing it got through this time TBH

Anyway i must pack up the E-type and get this Bugatti finished now
Watch this space :)

I enjoy your big scale car builds, no end!
I would not attempt such a model myself, but I find inspiration in watching these vintage miniatures become almost real.
Bravo!

Back