• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How do they compare? DML/AFV Club Nashorns

Hiya Tony. Cool builds. So which one is better? I have the Dragon one, but considered the AFV kit until common sense stepped in.
James

James they both clean up and build well so that's not a factor.
The DML instructions are pretty cram packed being a 3n1 kit but at least they show which parts should be used to build the three different versions. Early, Mid or Late.
The AFV is the Late or Standard version only.

If you talk about the effect on the pocket book, I prefer the Dragon kit for its 3n1 versatility at $47.99 over the AFV Club standard version only for $57.49 (Sprue Bros prices).

For you folks that buy the AFV Club Nashorn don't buy the Detail Up Kit (AF35196) it has the very same items in the SPG kit and there's nothing "UP" about it.

HTH
Tony lee

The Dragon Nashorn is supplied with Magic Tracks. AFV Club supplies rubber band tracks and are laid out flat on the bottom of the box and not folded up as most others so you don't have to deal with distortion.

I glued the slice together with Tamiya Extra Thin and flat nose clips to hold the joint tight while it dried.

The joint is just to the right of the drivers view port. As you can see the fit is excellent for this type of track system.

See You later and have a great weekend folks
Tony lee :D

Looking good. I'm looking forward to the paint job the most though. Keep on tanking Tony (y) (y) (y)
James

Paint????
I was going to let you guys paint your own. All i'm doing is helping you make your choice
of kits. :hmmm

Tony lee

Mighty Fine Mighty Fine James. :woohoo:
Let me know when you get started and i'll shoot a few building tips your way.

Tony lee

I vote DML...I love glueing tracks together...seriously.

(I know...I'm weird)

Tom

I have four sets to build Tom, I'm sending you mine. Thanks

OT- Tony I do like the DML kit better here, but I havnt touched nor even seen an AFV kit open in front of me. This is cool and as always great work. CR

I vote DML...I love glueing tracks together...seriously.

(I know...I'm weird)

Tom

I have four sets to build Tom, I'm sending you mine. Thanks

OT- Tony I do like the DML kit better here, but I havnt touched nor even seen an AFV kit open in front of me. This is cool and as always great work. CR

No problem Chip, but I charge by the hour...and I work slow...

Tom

Back