• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon 1/35 Panther G w/ Zimmerit

mharviala

Alright - I think there's time to finish this group build even with my glacial pace. Here's my entry:

IMG_20141123_112929.jpg

- Mika

Will have to watch this one. There was a guy at ou meeting last nite with a Panther D half built. Will be watching!

:popcorn

Very cool Mika, looking forward to this. Yes sir you have plenty of time, especially with the holidays approaching.

Day one draws to a close. After several films and several ( ;) ) beers sees the lower hull done. Ah, roadwheels! Can there be anything more tedious?

Test fitting the upper hull shows about an 1/8" gap at the rear between the engine deck and rear plate. Time to pontificate how to fix that one.

IMG_20141123_225930.jpg

IMG_20141123_225914.jpg

- Mika

Day two was short, but productive still. I figured out that I had installed the two fan units in the engine compartment backwards, so I popped them out and glued in the correct positions and voila! the back plate fits without the gap. Sometimes, it makes sense to read the instructions.

IMG_20141125_073426.jpg

Dear Diary.

Day three of the build, and while I appreciate Dragon having added the zimmerit to the kit, I wish some compensation had been made to the bits that must be added to the hull.

I've assembled the rear plate, and majority of the engine deck. I've deviated a bit from the sequence to assemble the turret to motivate myself with the feeling of progress.

The group is keeping me motivated to continue with the build, dear diary, but progress is slow.

Mika

IMG_20141130_211730.jpg

IMG_20141130_211742.jpg

I like the bent up tool box, we model these things where they get scratched up and muddy but no dents in the weak stuff. (y)

Hi Ron,

The kit gives you options for dinged up toolboxes, I opted to only use the right one. Clearly, it was a bad job at parallel parking.

The toolboxes are molded from the soft DS material, same as the tracks.

- Mika

After the fourth build session the construction is as complete as it will be prior to hitting the paint booth. Hoping to prime the Panther today, after which it can sit for a few days to let the primer cure.

I'm going to leave two hatches open for some figures.

Here are some pix:
OuioYJYFZh-zY4fR8eyCKwdMY9dGIdKIYV3ZpWSNfbE=w1069-h592-no

GUMBpWa_0RhzbDtka8C6otabsKzSLZ2H04xXbWSjg_o=w1152-h503-no

Back