• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

CTA Entry Nerdling Nakajima Ki-27

nerdling

Well now that everything is finally all setup here and I have my new compressor I can finally get back to building. Since I can't find the P-40 kit right now I decided to start building on a 1/48 Hasegawa Ki-27 instead.

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4127.jpg

For being such an old kit this thing has some nice detail

IMG_4128.jpg

I've read that the True Details cockpit is way better. But with the tiny opening for the cockpit you really wouldn't see anything anyways. I think this looks just fine.

IMG_4129.jpg

No no noo...you have to spend 3 weeks working in a cockpit that will never be seen. Oh wait, that's my curse :mpup

Git'er done Ryan :popcorn

Did some more work on her the past few days. This is turning out to be a nice decent kit.

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

The landing gear have no real positive fit location. It is more of a butt joint. Also for some reason the fuselage ended up bulged near the wings and it forced the wings to lose some dihedral. I think what the rear wall for the cockpit was to large. Honestly if I was to build this again I would just leave that out since you can't even see it. Now time for putty and sanding.

Now that I am back home from Christmas I can start working on this one again. I've got her all primed and ready for paint today.

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

Looking good :popcorn :popcorn

I don't now much about aircraft, but it looks a bit like a Japanes Stuka :idonno

Keep those pics comming!!

Erik

Thanks guys. Well I finished her up today. Not my best model. But I tell you this thing fought me every step of the way. It looked great in the box, but the fit was bad. The decals were terrible as well. Somehow I managed to get the cockpit in there crooked since there was no positive location for it. I think that is where the wing dihedral got messed up. I went with this scheme because all of the other decals were just destroyed. A few of these broke apart in water also, but I was able to make them work.

IMG_4598.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

Way to go! That is an attractive little plane. I understand about the fit issues; it is a Hasegawa kit after all. You won this fight.

BTW, what scale is this? I'm guessing 1/48.

Thanks guys. Yep it is 1/48. Actually after some further reading this kit came out back in the mid 70s. It was originally a Mania kit. Not heard of them. But they lasted about a year and then Hasegawa bought the molds.

Back