• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Camo Campaign Top Gun F-16

ErnieS

Okay, might as well throw this one into a campaign as it is on the bench. I got a really good deal on the Eduard Top Falcon F-16 kit, less than 1/2 what it goes for at the on-line shops, including shipping. It has a bunch on nice Eduard etch and Brassin accessories in the box, as well as Kinetic plastic.

The Eduard stuff is excellent, the decals look really good too, but the Kinetic kit was a bit, well, disappointing I guess. For a relatively new kit, there is a bit of flash, a lot of ejector pin marks, and just plain crud. The cockpit floor for example not only has a vey visible ejector pin mark, but has tool marks from an end mill that was used on that part of the mold, and not polished out. Certainly not what I was expecting, but what the heck, it seems the kit can scrub up well, so we'll see how it turns out.

This is part of the intake trunk, it is made to allow the engine face to be visible, but holy crap, you wouldn't be able to see much of it beyond these ejector pin stalagmites! Good ideas, but somewhat poor execution.

Okay, so not a horrible kit, but not on par with some other recent kits, I guess I was a little surprised by that.
Ernie

Well at least its not the Academy 1/48 F16.
:popcorn

I wouldn't bet on it. Granted I know nothing about this kit but that don't look like the brown Eduard sprues. Is this a repop of someone elses?

I don't think we've had a F16 hear in a long long time. Git to it Cousin Ernie. :drinks

I wouldn't bet on it. Granted I know nothing about this kit but that don't look like the brown Eduard sprues. Is this a repop of someone elses?

I don't think we've had a F16 hear in a long long time. Git to it Cousin Ernie. :drinks

Thank you Sir! Yes, the plastic is from Kinetic, from their F-16 kits. There is a whole bunch of it too....a lot won't be used on this build, such as weapons sprues, duplicate parts for a two seat cockpit, different vertical tails etc. I guess it is kind of a mix and match deal as some of the sprues are light grey, while others are dark gray :idonno But still, with the additions Eduard added, etch, brassin wheels and exhaust nozzle and seat, as well as canopy and wheel masks, it is pretty decent out of the box. Eduard also rewrote the instructions, and hosed those as well. So far I have found two annoying mistakes....one of which I had to track down the instructions for the Kinetic kit on line to figure out what part to use :bang head
Ernie

Eduards..Love'm or hate'm. Hope the Brassin fits, had a bad experience with one of their Special Editions.

Thank you Sir! Yes, the plastic is from Kinetic, from their F-16 kits. There is a whole bunch of it too....a lot won't be used on this build, such as weapons sprues, duplicate parts for a two seat cockpit, different vertical tails etc. I guess it is kind of a mix and match deal as some of the sprues are light grey, while others are dark gray :idonno But still, with the additions Eduard added, etch, brassin wheels and exhaust nozzle and seat, as well as canopy and wheel masks, it is pretty decent out of the box. Eduard also rewrote the instructions, and hosed those as well. So far I have found two annoying mistakes....one of which I had to track down the instructions for the Kinetic kit on line to figure out what part to use :bang head
Ernie
Hey Ernie, try these guys next time to help with those lost instructions. http://galaxykits.com/instructions/

There's another website out there, don't know why I never bookmark it but it has something about 1999 in the url. Japanese site. Anyone know?

Back