• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Scale Hasegawa A-4F

Skinny_Mike

Its time to start another project. My plan was to finish my F-15 aggressor after the Yak, but I’m a little annoyed with the Yak build right this minute so I figured a grey jet was a better choice right this moment. Plus with the new Charlie Don’t Surf and another A-4 web build going on, it seemed like a great opportunity.

Ok, so the kit and the details. This will be the 1/48 scale Hasegawa A-4E/F built as an F model and marked for VA-155 using the AOA Battle Scooters 3 decal sheet. I have a little bit of aftermarket, including an Aires pit an Eduard wheels.

Pic1-1.jpg

Here is most of the aftermarket.

Pic1-2.jpg

And the start up photo. Full disclosure, I had started work on the pit and a few other bits before I started the Yak, but its still a long way from the finish line.

Pic1-3.jpg

I am planning to arm this up like this photo in a Iron Hand mission load out. From what I’ve read they used the 5 inch rockets to fool SAM sites into shutting down when there was a shortage of Shrike missiles. Once the radar was down the plane would drop the Rockeyes on the SAM sight. I’m not sure its appropriate for an A-4F, but its cool looking and its different so I’m going with it. Rockeyes and LAU-10 are from Eduard and the TERs will be from AeroBonus. I’m going to also use a 400 gal drop tank on the centerline from Phase Hanger Resin. Photo was found on the internet.

file0050.jpg

Alright, well here we go.

Back soon and thanks for following along.
Mike

Bumping this back to the top. I was so excited to get this moving, right up until I tried to wedge the Aires pit into this kit. Really sucked the life out of me, I would not recommend doing that upgrade as so little is visible in that tiny cockpit. Its not worth the effort. Although it would be nice if Quninta or Red Fox came up with a 3D printed upgrade.

Anyway, pit is finally in and the fuselage is closed up now. Struggling with the seams which is another annoyance, but progress is being made again. I will follow up with a proper build thread as soon as I get home from work travel. I also started a Hase F-8E and an Academy F-4J that I am going to post up here shortly. Plus 2 Tammy’s F-4Bs! Lots of Vietnam Era Navy jets on the workbench right this minute. Better get some more Light Gull Grey!

Quick proof of life photo…

A0D9F747-069D-4319-8638-997697BF7673.jpeg

Mike

Last edited:
Back