• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 P-40 for Face It

nerdling

I will be building Hasegawa's 1/48 P-40E for this build. I grabbed some goodies for it as well. Going for the Aleutian bird.

IMG_7653.JPG

IMG_7654.JPG

IMG_7655.JPG

Thanks guys. I did notice there is a flaw in the instructions for the Cutting Edge decals. They show the nose as being olive drab. But in these photos it is clearly not.

P40E-ALEUTIAN-bw.jpg

P-40_AleutianTiger_96_Umnak.jpg

I am going to assume that it is yellow like these. It actually almost looks like yellow chromate to me.

Tigers.jpg

Tigers2.jpg

Also notice how the landing gear legs aren't silver. They seem to be yellow also.

Could be different squadrons Ryan, notice the extra horizontal stripe on the rudders?

Which insignia is earlier? The roundel with star or the red outlined insignia? Might be the key to why some had OD vers Yellow noses. :hmmm

The round star without the bars came first. The first two photos I posted are actually of the same plane that is on the decal sheet. So I'm not really sure what is going on there.

Well finally have some work to show for this one. I used the Eduard zoom set but to be honest most of it is just a waste other then the belts and instrument panel. I had an extra Ultracast seat floating around that I used. Not really a big fan of how Hasegawa did all of the inserts. But I think doing it the way I did will save on filling seams later on. The instructions would have you glue the tail together and then glue that to the front fuselage after it was glued. Seemed like a good way to get a step in the seam. Same deal with the quarterwindows behind the cockpit. I also did some more research and it does seem that the spinner was yellow on this bird. Forgot to mention the wing has 7 parts and each fuselage side has 4 :bang head

IMG_7656.JPG

IMG_7657.JPG

IMG_7658.JPG

IMG_7659.JPG

I've decided to finish up any existing builds before I start new ones. So I've picked this one up in the past few days. Here she sits as of now. Dang Hasegawa sure made this kit a beast to build. So many seams to fill and sand. :bang head

Don't forget to look at the Cutting Edge instructions for the Aleutian Tiger (in reference to the exhaust modification needed on the kit).

Regards,

Hows 'bout it Ryan, you gonna git'er done before Thursday?

Looks like it won't happen :bang head I was doing really well. Had everything painted and ready for decals. But the Cutting Edge decals just blew apart in water. Amazingly in my stash of P-40 decals I don't have any for a P-40E with a face :bang head

Back