• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Italeri F-104 C

Wow, that must feel good seeing that all the stress was not really needed. That sure fits together exceptionally well. Looks like you got a winner here Paul. I also have to say your 'pit is magnificent compared to anything I can do. Rock on man, this will finish in no time now.

I shot the entire fuse with gray primer and am keeping the shade for the undersides. While dry fitting the wings and tip tanks I notice quite a sizable gap between the fuse and the flaps. I figure Ill be able to fill that in with some plastic card.

I am also using a new image hosting site. I hope this works.

Click on the image to get a larger view.

If you got a good wing root then maybe that gap should be there for flap clearance. Looking good Paul, see if you can post mid size instead of thumbnails.

OK, I laid out some paint but the shades of he dark and medium green are so close it takes a flash to see it. This makes it hard to get the proper shape for each color. The light tan was a custom brew and I doubt it will matter much any how. I do have more touch ups to do to get it presentable. I really had to fill the gargantuan gaps in the flap to fuse fit. I uses quite a bit of plastic card and bondic.

post image

Yeah, me too. if only you left something for me to eat then I wouldn't have gone home hungry. :rotf

Yeah, me too. if only you left something for me to eat then I wouldn't have gone home hungry. :rotf

You were the one who ordered the Coronary Special?
hff2ddb9.jpg

I only had salad.... :D :D

We split that. He had the BBQ and I ate the bread. :huh:

I had to arm wrestle him over that.

Good stuff Paul, really did enjoy the meet up. Wish I wasn't so tuckered out and could have spent more time out there.

Sorry for the hijack, get back on that bad boy! :popcorn

Glad you two got to meet up! I was wondering if you had. (y)

The F104 is coming along quite nicely Paul! Was wondering if the Italiari was worth a flip. Was also wondering if it was some sort of repop of the old Hasegawa kit I built years ago. Definitely not on that one. A much better kit it looks like.
(y) (y)

It isn't a repop, Paul. All new stuff. Still some fit issues but not much. It is a pretty nice kit but I wonder if the high dollar is worth it.

We split that. He had the BBQ and I ate the bread. :huh:

I had to arm wrestle him over that.

Good stuff Paul, really did enjoy the meet up. Wish I wasn't so tuckered out and could have spent more time out there.

Sorry for the hijack, get back on that bad boy! :popcorn

I had a good time also, Bob. People need to get together more often to cement their friendships.

Back