• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/2500 USS Enterprise D

Adam Baker

Joined this little shindig at the very beginning, and then havent ever posted anything. Decided it was probably time to go ahead & post up my thread and get going.

I'm building/massaging/forcing the Round 2/AMT 1/2500 scale Academy Series USS Enterprise D. I started the kit shortly before the campaign started, but only got as far as the major assemblies, and that was it.

DSC01559.jpg

First and foremost, fit on this kit sucks! This is a re-release of the same kit from several years ago, and I can tell the molds are in much worse shape than they were when I first built this same model about 10 or 12 years ago.

This is going to be a completely OOB build, including the large sheets of decals that come w/ the kit.

Well, when the kit was originally issued, fit wasn't too bad, I remember building this same model a couple of times, but you can tell the molds haven't aged well.

I've made a fair bit of progress on this, should have pic's tonight. I had the bright idea of sanding the hull down smooth to get rid of all the raised grid lines, and its just taken a ton of work. I should hopefully be able to get at least a primer coat down this weekend, but hopefully I might get the first color coat down if it doesn't take too much work after its primed.

No rush, 14 years passed between the time i took my classic Enterprise out of the box to the finish. have fun with it. :yipee

Back