• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Oeffag Albatros D.III WIP

rob hart

1/48 Eduard kit. I added ignition wires to the engine (see if you can find them) and replaced the molded on instrument bezels with photo etched ones. I also used an aftermarket seat and replaced the molded on throttle assembly with photoetch. I took some criticism of my simulated wood grain at the local model club meeting (one guy said,"maybe it won't look too bad after you close the fuselage") However, I am of the opinion that aircraft grade plywood does not show much grain and the distinct striations seen on a lot of models would not be realistic in the smaller scales. Opinions? The kit has the traditional tongue und groove wing to fuselage attachment, but the tongues and grooves are ridiculously shallow. I sensed a likely fail and inserted some steel pins for reinforcement. In addition the landing gear struts were butt joins so i drilled out the ends and added steel wire reinforcements. Sorry for the sub par photos. Model builder I is, picture taker I ain't

https://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm236/rlhart13/DSC04204_z
ps3uqfgogp.jpg

It looks quite nice Rob! When in doubt, hit the references.

These 1/48th scale Eduard Albatros kits can be fairly challenging, but with a little patience and care they turn out quite nice!

Looks Great Rob!!!
Your color choice looks spot on to me... :good: ....but then again I build mostly them tank-thingys :D

More progress. I opted to mask and paint the national insignia and the numerals. The shapes are very simple.

Looking good Rob!
thumbsup.gif

Oeffag Albatros D.III WIP

Thanks. They never come out as nice as I hoped they would, but I guess that is part of the challenge.

You did an excellent job Rob! Those smaller Eduard kits aren't bad but they will challenge you a bit. A nicely done subject I must say.

Great_Job.gif

Back