• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

RAF Sabre

ij001

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48
Paint - Cockpit, seat etc all acrylics - Camouflage all Xtracolour enamels.
Decals - Eagle Strike
Extras - True Details resin seat, Eduard kit-specific 'Zoom' set. Fuse wire, fibre-optic cable and plastic card details in cockpit, air-brake and undercarriage wells.

Canadair Sabre Mk. 4
Assigned to Sqn. Ldr. T. H. Hutchinson
C/O 3 Squadron RAFG
Geilenkirchen, 1955/56

UFrhR7N.jpg

We2kfbo.jpg

VCzELo0.jpg

wrNckwr.jpg

6Kcd5EO.jpg

q7eChu1.jpg

MjFBAwh.jpg

bYoZkoe.jpg

siX4vyk.jpg

So, a thirty year old kit, painted with thirty year old enamels and wearing twenty-five year old decals.... bit of an 'old skool' project wouldn't you say ?

There honestly isn't too much to say, the kit really does fall together and is (happily) typical of those superb Hasegawa releases from the early 1990's, crisp detail, faultless molding with fuss-free engineering and construction - I really wish they would tool-up again and release some new kits, I know that's not going to happen, but there's nothing wrong with hope is there ?. The Eagle Strike decals behaved as if they were printed yesterday - utterly flawless and superbly printed by Cartograph, again, a company I really do miss.

That's just about it. Please feel free to criticise, ask a question or make any sort of comment. Have the rest of a great weekend folks, best from Middle Earth.

Ian.

Great rendition of a Saber . Very pleasing paint scheme .

Reminiscent of the German version but better. :good: B)

Cheers, Christian

Great rendition of a Saber. Reminiscent of the German version but better. :good: B)

It very nearly was a West German aircraft, but I couldn't resist Sqn. Ldr. Hutchinsons' 'special' and I've had the decals since they first came put, so.... (and I've got a second kit stashed away).

Thanks folks, appreciate the feedback and comments. As ever, never taken for granted.

Ian.

Back