• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Berlin Express "Catch 22" 1/32 Hk Models B-25J

Paulw

John was wondering what I have been up to these past few weeks well I was fighting this kit trying to get it ready for Soonercon on the 8TH of June. I should have really started this earlier but as it is with all the fit issues and my mistakes. As it sits right now it is close to complete with the fiddly bits and a few color touch ups. One of the big issues was the nose weight which is supposed to take 85 grams but I put close to 100 and it barely sits on the nose gear. I had inadvertently broke off the nose gear just above the curve of the strut from the tire to the oleo. I used some Hypo cement to put the broken part together and let it set for about 24 hours then coated it with CA to reinforce the part to keep it from moving laterally.

The theme of the show is Holly Wood so I chose to do "Catch 22". I purchased the Model's World decal set that contained two selections, Berlin Express and Dumbo. to get a more correctly scale prop I bought a set of resin propeller blades by Loon models from Roll Models and those were the only a.m. I put into the kit. I suggest that if you have this kit or are planning on buying it in the near future that you do some serious pre-fitting before the glue that way you can avoid those "supersizes'.

Back