• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Finnish DH.100 Vampire FB.52

helios

HavLv 13

A fairly quick build. A little negative pre-shading to get some minor tonal variation in the solid finish color.
Nothing fancy, nearly OOB. Just trying to get a little mojo going again.

Kit: Special Hobby #SH72281 "In Northern Skies"
Paint: Testors Model Master/Tamiya
Decals: kit
AM: none
Scratch: wheel chocks

Very nice finish Chris . What did you use for the finish colors ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks. I'll take a look when I get home (I've got the ratios scribbled on the side of the bottle). It was a mix of aluminum, chrome silver, a grey, and white (all Testors MM). A light topcoat over grey primer and a light grey panel highlight.

Very nice finish Chris . What did you use for the finish colors ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks. I'll take a look when I get home (I've got the ratios scribbled on the side of the bottle). It was a mix of aluminum, chrome silver, a grey, and white (all Testors MM). A light topcoat over grey primer and a light grey panel highlight.

Christian, the mix was 2 parts aluminum, 2 parts chrome silver, 1 part RLM 63, and 1 part insignia white.

Most impressive work! I'll have to try your technique and paint mix for my next bare metal finish aircraft.

The Finnish Vamps were actually painted in aluminum dope. I was trying to get a finish that landed somewhere between aluminum paint and a bare metal finish. I might go w/ a little more white and a little less aluminum next time.

Honestly it was mostly an excuse to play w/ the new scale & paint bottles. :laugh:

Thanks Helio. I think I got the gist of it . I don't use that brand of paint but I think I could come up with good substitutes .

I believe this paint was also referred to as high speed silver but it usually looked to be a grayish silver instead .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back