• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya 1/72 N1K1-J Shiden finished

nsmekanik

Started this one about 6 years ago and finally finished it........not like I'm a slow builder or anything :D another one that the original attempt at painting it left a bit to be desired so ya, there was a bit of time spent in the box between start and finish......I'm happy with it now so worth the wait I think.
IMG_1503_zpswemmpnii.jpg

IMG_1504_zpsnntovuhh.jpg

IMG_1506_zpsiiiyziln.jpg

IMG_1500_zpsbjf0uqmt.jpg

IMG_1499_zps936tiudp.jpg

IMG_1498_zpsd7srisw8.jpg

:drinks

One of my favorite Japanese planes . Great job. (y)

I wish Tamiya would make the N1K2 as well but I guess that's not gonna happen. :(

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Guys :D ....Jugs....I'm a bit decal shy :frantic at the moment sooo....but if you look you'll notice the cowling on the one on the right has a duller finish then the one on the left, that's because the shinny one is getting some decals whereas the dull one is'nt, but you'll notice that the rest of the plane is also shinny. Now you might ask why bother to dull coat that cowling rather then do everything at the same time :idonno .....that's becuase it took 6 tries to get it painted without screwin it up. They are on the bench in that pic as one of the landing gear wasn"t glued in very well and came loose, and I had just glued it back on as I was putting finishing touches on the Shiden. Here's whats on the bench At the moment
IMG_1517_zpsonxuu0ky.jpg

:drinks

Back