Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 26 Sep 2015 18:30 #157

I'll be back at it tomorrow, recouping from travel today. :zen
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 26 Sep 2015 20:01 #158

Ian I've had a few decals that wanted to curl up and I found out that I can pretty well control the
problem by slipping the decals off on a small flat brush with only a small portion hanging off for contacting the model.

Something you might consider if and when.

Uncle Tony :oldguy
  • Tony lee
  • Tony lee
  • OFFLINE
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • Posts: 3637
  • alt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 10:39 #159

And she's up!

haaa23d2.jpg


Landing gear submitted for inspection

h1f6ecc5.jpg


hae95813.jpg


Next up, Landing gear doors and some stickers. :pilot
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 11:02 #160

Lets see, the angles look good from all directions,strut air pressure seems to be correct.
Did you put her up on jacks and cycle the gear to see if the limit switch timings all function?

If so sign off on the red crosses and you're go to go Boss.


Uncle Tony :oldguy
  • Tony lee
  • Tony lee
  • OFFLINE
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • Posts: 3637
  • alt
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 11:30 #161

Tony lee wrote:
Lets see, the angles look good from all directions,strut air pressure seems to be correct.
Did you put her up on jacks and cycle the gear to see if the limit switch timings all function?

If so sign off on the red crosses and you're go to go Boss.


Uncle Tony :oldguy


Well, hey ...How about checking the oil and fuel ? :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 11:31 #162

moon puppy wrote:
And she's up!

haaa23d2.jpg


Landing gear submitted for inspection

h1f6ecc5.jpg


hae95813.jpg


Next up, Landing gear doors and some stickers. :pilot


That's starting to looks really good Bob ! :thumbsup :thumbsup

Not quite as much light in that cube as I would have thought :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Last Edit: 02 Oct 2015 11:33 by phantom II.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 12:29 #163

phantom II wrote:
Tony lee wrote:
Lets see, the angles look good from all directions,strut air pressure seems to be correct.
Did you put her up on jacks and cycle the gear to see if the limit switch timings all function?

If so sign off on the red crosses and you're go to go Boss.


Uncle Tony :oldguy


Well, hey ...How about checking the oil and fuel ? :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

...and catch that windscreen too while yer at it. :drinks
  • Hippy Ed
  • Hippy Ed
  • OFFLINE
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
  • Posts: 5120

If you lose your sense of humor, you done lost everything
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 12:56 #164

Looking very good Bob ... all kidding aside ... excellent Paint job ... now about those stickers ... I'm thing you should maybe graduate to Decals .... :woohoo: :thumbsup :rotf
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson



The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 17:07 #165

Looking great , Bob :good

Luiz
  • lupanzer
  • lupanzer
  • OFFLINE
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
  • Posts: 9398
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 17:15 #166

Ooo Fancy Bob!!

:popcorn
  • sharkman
  • sharkman
  • OFFLINE
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
  • Posts: 2748
Warren


On the Bench: Lost count!

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 17:18 #167

phantom II wrote:

Not quite as much light in that cube as I would have thought :hmmm

Cheers, Christian B)

Er...yeah, I borrowed one looking for a tweezer launched part, forgot to put it back. But it worked, found the part. :ohyeah
I told you photobucket sucks...



"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

A pair of Academy P-38's for Tom 02 Oct 2015 20:00 #168

You got this, bud. :good


Ian.
  • ij001
  • ij001
  • OFFLINE
  • Group Captain
    Group Captain
  • Posts: 4735
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy
Time to create page: 0.399 seconds