• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/35 Emhar Mk. V Hermaphrodite

Tankbuilder

Here's my entry for this campaign.

Dates can be seen in IMG_5055

Box art.

h7940123.jpg

Kit

hb5c1c00.JPG

Dates

hc1eeed6.JPG

Good thing this is a simple kit.

Cheers

I am interested in this one as I have always wondered what the Emhar kits were like.

Cheers,
James

They're a pretty basic simple build for their 1/35 scale tanks. They do NOT have any running gear wheels save for the drive sprockets and Idler wheels. The tracks are multi-lengths that can be glued together with liquid styrene cement. When built the tank looks the part though.

Here's an image of my Mk. IV female, my Mk. IV Male and my Mk. 1A Whippet all Emhar 1/35 scale.

hf62b17c.JPG

h386f497.JPG

h653b675.JPG

Cheers

Some progress on this tank.

The left side sponson will be Female and the right side sponson will be Male. I'll add the sponsons after the hull sides are attached to the main body.

The main body is nearly done with the two cabins assembled and cemented to the top. Note that these Emhar 1/35 scale models ONLY have the four wheels = two drive and two idler. That really simplifies things.

One thing that Emhar 1/35 scale tanks don't have are locating pins for most of the sub-assemblies. In fact the only locating pins I see on this kit are the ones for the drive and idler wheels. therefor one must be very careful in lining things up.

Main body, right side panel, left Female sponson and right Male sponson.

h204025f.JPG

The same but also showing the track segments. The track segments can be glued with liquid cement.

h089287c.JPG

Cheers

Am on the home stretch with this at last. Just need to clean up a few parts and cement them in place and it's done except for painting, weathering and putting it on a base.

Here's where it's at now.

Right Side with Male sponson and all remaining parts.

h352cbcf.JPG

Left side with Female sponson and all remaining parts.

h02a6be7.JPG

Track segments.

h9d81ffe.JPG

Cheers

Well my friends it's nearly done.

Got the base paint on it today and separately painted the muffler and exhaust that goes on the roof.

I'm debating about putting on the cargo rack at the rear of the body between the tracks. I found images of that rack on SUPPLY tanks (minus their armament) but none on a combat tank.

Right side = Male

h1340ad7.JPG

Front view

hc7ea90f.JPG

Left side = Female

h960564f.JPG

Rear view

hd14bb58.JPG

Overhead view without exhaust system

he84b6ba.JPG

Overhead view with exhaust system temporary in place

h24b9770_2018-10-10.JPG

Rear view showing cargo rack. This goes on an I=beam that fits between the hull haves and would be attached to the bottom L-beam. The rack is foldable in real life thus I'd need to add the shackles and chains.

h8d006a1.JPG

Will start the final colour painting tomorrow, then the weathering and building a base for it.

Cheers

Nice coverage. :soldier

Thanks.

That's Krylon Sand(?) that I used for the base coat. I like it because it drys to the touch in just 10 - 15 minutes and doesn't stink up my bachelor apartment when I bring the model back inside from wherever I painted it.

Cheers

Back