Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Start Nov 16th, 2019

End Nov 15th, 2020

TOPIC: He 177A-5

He 177A-5 01 Nov 2019 10:10 #1

OK, I have decided on this one for my "EPIC" build. Note: For epic I'm going with Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary definition for the word as an adjective, second definition: extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope. This kit is beyond my usual in both size and scope. As for being my best work we'll see, as I age I find it more an more difficult to deal with details due to my shaky hands and the early stage cataracts in my eyes.

I have wanted to build this kit for a long time, I have seen a few started and fewer completed. This was the first release not the "high tech" version so I had to pick up most of the other goodies separately. I have yet to decide on markings and see the final paint job as being the largest challenge of the build due to the complexity and physical size of the model.

I also have this but whether it gets used will depend on which markings I go with, I not particularly enamored with any of the provided markings.

I will post an official start photo and provide more info on the AM when I get a

• Old Dog
  • Old Dog
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander

The administrator has disabled public write access.

He 177A-5 01 Nov 2019 10:24 #2

Great kit!
I bought one at a club swap/ sale with loads of resin and p/e the original owner had obtained for it, most of it fit great (what I used) it also came with 2 hard cover books on the development and use of the aircraft. Turns out it was as deadly or more to its own crew than the enemy. Not helped by the idea Göring had that it had to be able to dive bomb!
I’ve still got the ( resin upgrade) paired engines and bomb bays around here somewhere.
It takes up as much room as a 1/32 He219 on the shelf!

He 177A-5 01 Nov 2019 11:30 #3

That's the spirit! :popcorn
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

He 177A-5 01 Nov 2019 14:14 #4

SWEET!!!

:popcorn
  • sharkman
  • sharkman
  • Master at Arms
    Master at Arms
Warren

On the Bench: Lost count!

He 177A-5 01 Nov 2019 15:01 #5

Yiiiikes I have a 72 scale one . Yours will certainly be large :coolio

Better clear some space . Cheers, Christian B)

He 177A-5 02 Nov 2019 11:37 #6

Looking forward to your build Gary!

Chris, you are right about this plane being a problem for it's crews. The double engines had problems with overheating and I believe it had some other issues. Heinkel did figure out how to fix it all and built one or two that had the fixes that were needed. The powers that be decided not to take the time and effort to do the corrections and things continued and the problems with the planes pretty much kept them grounded.

He 177A-5 02 Nov 2019 14:26 #7

oh my good greiff :drinks
  • SA Dave
  • SA Dave
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier

He 177A-5 03 Nov 2019 06:50 #8

:thumbsup Nice !
  • Piet
  • Piet
  • Division Commander
    Division Commander
'' I could sense things were about to kick off, so I got out of there !''
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds