• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DIY Paintshaker

Brilliant!

Of course my bench would look like a Jackson Pollock painting if I did that.

I went a different route with a Dremel scroll saw that I couldn't find blades for after picking it up for a few bucks at a yard sale:

I'd be absolutely terrified the bottle would come out just using a clamp like that, don't think I'd ever attempt something like that. Even if the bottle didn't break, it could cause quite a bit of damage as it went flying through the air.

I really like Ausf's idea. That's more akin to the kind of paint shaker I would have in mind.

I have an electrical meat cutter I converted with an pill bottle on it to hold difrent bottles - cans of paint

Worked real nice untill the Pill bottle wore out Still have some red on the roof from that - Try explaning that to the wife :facepalm

PS Chef is going :smack at the moment

I've seen something similar to that setup Dave, and it looks like a viable option. Even the jigsaw method is a viable option, but IMO that one needs a much much better way of holding the paint. I honestly dont trust clamps like that to hold reliably. The good high quality ones can hold, but b/c of their design, vibration like that would inherently loosen the clamp, and then you've got a very nice glass projectile flying across the room.

I have had one of these for years!

bad121.jpg

Of course out of the box they are kind of a mess. I took mine, trued up the shaft and reworked the end a smidge. Works quite well. All I have to do to it these days is put in new batteries when they go bad and occassionally open it up and oil the motor bushing. (y) :D

Smaller stuff gets the metal stirer stick like Bob.

Back