• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Me 410B-1, ProModeler, 1/48

Old Dog

I decided to go with this one, the kit has the copy write date molded inside one wing as 1997 and this is the first boxing according to Scalemates.

410box.jpg

And the obligatory start photos...

410-start01.jpg

410-start02.jpg

For aftermarket I have a CMK interior set

410-05.jpg

And two PE sets, one before color and a color Zoom set.

410-10.jpg

410-11.jpg

Not sure what I will use yet. The kit interior actually looks pretty good to me so I may just end up using some of the PE.

Should be starting in a few weeks, stay tuned !

Seems like Chuck built one of these some years ago :coolio Looking forward to your take on it :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Christian, I hope enough time has passed that no one will remember just how nice Chuk's was because mine will not get the treatment he gave his ! :eek:hmy:

Christian, I hope enough time has passed that no one will remember just how nice Chuk's was because mine will not get the treatment he gave his ! :eek:hmy:

Yep, that build was in progress on ARC when I first found it. Then , I found it here . Thoroughly fascinating .

The secret is safe with me :coolio Cheers, Christian B)

Well a few weeks turned into a few months, such is life. I have been tinkering with this on and off over the past few months so I figured I'd better post something. I spent the first few hours of the build cleaning up and test fitting the resin cockpit and wasn't at all happy with it. The various parts did not seem to fit together well and the parts with better than the kit detail weren't going to be seen all that well. Not to mention the resin set used the kit supplied radio rack. In the end I decided the extra work required for the replacement pit was not worth the trouble and did not improve that much on the kit part. I just dressed up the kit pit with some of the stuff from the Eduard set and let it go at that. I have not yet installed the roll over structure or the gun controls yet as I had a near catastrophe with the clear parts. I wanted to assemble them before dipping them in Future. I glued them together with Dr. Mikes and set it aside to cure. After 10 minutes or so I picked it up only to have it fall apart in my hand. The glue still had not cured. I'm assuming my bottle has gone off as I have never had this happen before. I was very lucky and only had a small faint finger print on one pane which seems to have vanished when dipped in Future and one other place where the glue ran onto the glass. I guess I'll find out how bad it is when it's had a chance to cure.

Anyway enough with the verbiage, here are some cockpit shots...

410-b01.jpg

410-b02.jpg

410-b03.jpg

410-b04.jpg

One of the issues with the kit is the rendering of the engine air intakes in an oval shape. I fixed this by finding a piece of styrene tubing that would fit inside and glued it in place. When set I gradually increased the ID using a round file and shaved, filed and sanded down the outside until I got it close to right.

410-b05.jpg

Looks close enough to me although in Monogram's defense I did find a couple photos in which the intakes do have a bit of an oval shape although it may just be shadows or camera angle. Anyway the majority do appear round.

410-ref01.jpg

410-ref02.jpg

Thanks for looking, should have more soon.

that was my thoughts on the resin cockpit for the 109, just wasn't worth the effort and the kit parts were good enough.

Looks swell Gary :popcorn

Back