• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Pearl Harbor 75th (ribbons need opinions)

Heavens Eagle

This coming December 7th will be the 74th anniv of the attack on Pearl Harbor. I propose a campaign build leading up to a finish on Dec 7th 2016 the 75th anniversary.

Can be any vehicle, attacker or defender that participated in or was stationed on the island that day.

I also have some ideas for several ribbons depending on the subject built.

The rising sun "Day of Infamy" - Japanese attackers

Pearl Harbor 75 years - Any misc US ship or plane.

Remember the Arizona - a special badge for anyone that tackles and completes a 1/350 scale or larger Arizona kit

Anyone interested?

Pearl Harbor 75th

I'm in! I have my Arizona ready to go.

Terry (y)

Pearl Harbor 75th

I am s-l-o-w-l-y getting back into it, but this does sound interesting

Little side-note, my Unk (passed away in 1975) and all his buds were in church at pharmacy college (do not know which), and after service and prayers his entire class after church marched out and joined up.

Pearl Harbor 75th

Thanks for sharing that! (y)

I had a good friend that passed away in 2006 who was some kind of a specialized Navy pilot during the war. He mostly flew PBY's hunting for subs, but also flew just about every other naval type there was during the war. Sadly we got out of touch a number of years ago and I missed out on getting more information on his experiences.

I did a little looking around on the internet before suggesting this. There were dozens of ships and a few submarines in port that day. There were all kinds of aircraft at strips all over the island from P-26 Peashooters to the more well known planes. There really are a lot of choices of things to build if this fills out and people want to do it.

Pearl Harbor 75th

Had three Unk's in WW2. the aforementioned was a Corpsman, fought Guadalcanal & Pelieliu, was wounded and was on a hospital ship at Iwo. Two other Unks both fought in Europe. Sadly, all are gone, the last passed July 2014

Pearl Harbor 75th

Sounds like a plan to me Paul ... Let me see what I can come up with before I commit to this one
... :soldier :pilot :captain

Pearl Harbor 75th

My dance card is so full right now I don't know if I can commit. Might be able to do something with a year long campaign.

Pearl Harbor 75th

My dance card is so full right now I don't know if I can commit. Might be able to do something with a year long campaign.

Naaaaah....you can spare some time for this!

I am thinking about a 1/72 Val or Kate

Just for kicks I tried to find some references to any armor that may have been on Pearl at that time, could not find a thing!

Pearl Harbor 75th

I pretty much figured that there were only supply and basic transport type vehicles. Army presence wasn't as big as the Navy presence.

Bob it wouldn't start for almost 3 more months and then would go for a year. I could do that and am pretty under right now too.

I'd put up a poll, just don't really know how.

EDIT

OK I figured it out. Poll posted. Three options, 3 different ribbons and could get them all though the Arizona ribbon is gonna be a bigger special one. (like a trailer a double wide) ;)
Have a neat idea for the infamy one as well.

Pearl Harbor 75th

Jap Mini Sub?

When I was a kid I read several books about the attacks and some of them made mention to the minisubs getting into the harbor and even in some of the wreckage of other ships and stuff. I saw a couple of years ago something on Discovery (when they ran educational stuff) how there was a lot of question about the role the minisubs played.

When did this history get lost? Have I gotten that old that history can get lost? :eek:ldguy

Pearl Harbor 75th

Hmmm... tempting. I'll have to see where I am at in a few months. My desk is buried in shelf queens at the moment.

I should also dig out my Pearl Harbor pics from my visit last Christmas and post them. :blush:

Pearl Harbor 75th

I have the Revell Arizona with P/E. It is only 426 Scale. Will that still count for the Badge..??

Pearl Harbor 75th

The rising sun "Day of Infamy" - Japanese attackers

Pearl Harbor 75 years - Any misc US ship or plane.

Remember the Arizona - a special badge for anyone that tackles and completes a 1/350 scale or larger Arizona kit

I believe the Revell kit would be the Pearl Harbor 75 years Surfsup. The special badge is for tackling the biggie project.

For example I am tackling the 1/200 Trumpy kit and will be adding the Eduard PE. Biggie project. I could also do the Banner 1/350 with the full addon gun barrel set and full Eduard PE. Both are fairly heafty and take a lot of work. I have built the Revell kit and it isn't the same.

Biggie project for special badge.

And the Banner/HobbyBoss 1/350 kits (which are the same mold) are not that expensive until you add on the aftermarket.

Back