• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tamiya P-38F/G in 1/48

RichB

Tamiya has a P-38F/G scheduled for an Autumn 2019 release. Preview kits are available at a couple of Japanese model events going on this week. Tamiya hopes to have it on display in Chattanooga in August.

Tamiya USA

Cheers,
Rich

More pictures here-

https://www.themodellingnews.com/2019/07/tamiyas-148th-scale-lockheed-p-38-fg.html?m=1

Figures, about a year ago I picked up an Academy J model and a bunch of after market to do Robin Olds bird. :facepalm

The F/G models don't have the chin radiators on the engines so it looks enough different to justify it I guess, we'll see, I'm sure it will be an easier build than the Academy kit.

Figures, about a year ago I picked up an Academy J model and a bunch of after market to do Robin Olds bird. :facepalm

The F/G models don't have the chin radiators on the engines so it looks enough different to justify it I guess, we'll see, I'm sure it will be an easier build than the Academy kit.

I should finish the one I got, not far from it. :pilot

Finally... poor Glacier Girl will be sold off from my stash. The PC Police kept the decal designers from making Japanese Sandman II but I think there is a decal sheet out there for it.

Regards,

h939aaeb.png

Ian.

Never heard of that, Japanese Sandman II.

h135cbe6.jpg

Not like there aren't more choices...

These booms are separated from the aircraft and I use to illustrate the inner side of the booms (with mirrors and no eyes) and the outer sides. noe the eyes also have lashes which may not be on the decal sheet and therefore must be added.
h006bb28.jpg

he7f37db.jpg

h00fa56c.jpg

h2f63119.jpg

I could go on but you get the picture (I hope).

Regards,

Well I figured it would have a sharkmouth.
Funny how tail heavy they were in some shots with the front strut extended.

Back