• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Tulsa Air and Space museum arrivals.

Paulw

Today was a bonus at the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. The Commemorative Air Force came up from Texas for a visit and brought Fifi and a couple of other planes to show and offer rides.Tours in Fifi were nice but not much can be seen as you had limited space in the plane.It is actually quite a bit smaller than one would expect. There was a C-45 in RAF colors, a T-6 and a Steerman. Gunfighter is supposed to be here later but wasn't at the location this morning when I was there.

Something even more rare and the only one of its kind. A Spartan Executive which was built here in Tulsa. That is not what makes it extremely rare and bespoke. See if you can look through the pictures and tell if you can spot the one thug that makes it different.

What a treat! I didn't know y'all had this. Would have loved seeing it.

Fifi is amazing but I think the guys were a might smaller than you and I, they probably thought it was spacious. :rotf

Thanks for sharing that Paul! Been quite a while since I visited that museum. The Spartan must have been built st the Sparten School of Aeronautics that used to be there in Tulsa. Beyond that I wouldn't know.

As to FiFi, have never seen that plane but did get to see Bockscar up at Dayton and they also had a B-29 fuselage set up where you could walk through it. Yeah the planes were not that big. Wonder how Jimmy Stewart did as he was something like 6'4" tall.

That Executive has a funny wheel under the nose! Do they use a rope to get up on the wing to get in?

Back