• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

For Bob

jknaus

Administrator
Lulubelle shouldn't be too far off.

hb485a24.jpg

Lulubelle (tank from the great movie Sahara) is clearly an early M3 but it also had the grouser rack on front. Edwards makes one..but the size is wrong, shock right? Grousers will not fit inside.

James is that from Miniart?

Looks like scratch building will still be required for those of us who would want to build a late delivery Canadian M3 Lee with its extra stowage boxes, fuel tank, mud chutes and sundry other British fittings.

CDN_M3_Lee.jpg

An early delivery vehicle can be made from a US M3 Lee as they were transferred directly from US Army stocks.

CDN_M3_Lee_early.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Hey Rich, look at the Australian M3, it looks to have different arrangement back there. It would also be fitting for the Jim Belushi version of Sahara.

As a result of seeing Boghart in that movie, as a kid I thought that the 75mm gun was for shooting down aircraft.... :pilot

I knew I would get that backwards! At any rate, the 37mm was not known for it's AA capabilities. Still a neat movie.

No M3A1????

h2d5b865.jpg

:idonno

Was the M3 known for it's ability to get stuck? I've seen a picture of one taken during maneuvers in SC, it's busted through a bridge about to fall into a river. Think it was around Lancaster SC.

Back