Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Announcement from the Administration

Announcement from the Administration 06 May 2012 20:32 #1

Over a year ago a group of modelers quit the website then known as Tanks 'n' Things to form their own site, the site they left was then re-branded as Modelers' Alliance. Since then, the staff and members of this newly named site have been periodically smeared, defamed and physically threatened by certain members of that other site, both on that site and in other public venues. No validity of these accusations and accompanying threats has ever been proven in any way, shape, or form. Throughout these attacks, we the staff of Modelers' Alliance, have decided to take the high road and neither respond nor retaliate because we are secure in our innocence. It's our belief that there is most certainly room in this world for as many forums as the public demands. As a matter of dedication to our hobby, we constantly striven to better our site in order to give our membership a safe and productive venue in which to discuss and display their works.

Unfortunately a new smear campaign has started in which we, the staff and by association, the membership, have been accused of mortally threatening someone from the other site. Therefore we offer the following statement:

We, the staff and moderators of Modelers' Alliance, have not approached anyone with threats of any form. Specifically and emphatically, we have never offered death threats to anyone. Acts of this reprehensible nature will never be tolerated here and we recommend that anyone receiving such a threat immediately approach the proper authorities. If we find any Modeler's Alliance member to be involved in such practice we will alert the authorities and ban the member. There are international laws against this behavior that we support and uphold.

We feel badly about these accusations. If, as a member of Modelers' Alliance, you have any doubt as to our innocence in this heinous matter we invite you to discuss it here in public, we have nothing to hide. We are certain we can clear up any questions you may have.

We hope that the injured parties can legally resolve their issues with whomever this unnamed user may be. We encourage them to seek out their local law enforcement agency and report the crime with all the evidence they have under which they make these blanket statements. We also hope they will rethink their words and retract these baseless, blanket accusations against Modelers' Alliance and allow us to continue serving you our readership to the best of our abilities.

Sincerely,
The Modelers' Alliance Staff.

Read more...
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kryptosdaddy

Re: Announcement from the Administration 06 May 2012 23:24 #2

For me MA is a save haven away from all that crap so I am sure no one here has anything to do with it.

Keep up the good work guys, we apreciate it.
  • SA Dave
  • SA Dave
  • Brigadier
    Brigadier
The following user(s) said Thank You: moon puppy

Re: Announcement from the Administration 06 May 2012 23:28 #3

Thank you Dave

Been quite a eventful weekend

Re: Announcement from the Administration 06 May 2012 23:45 #4

I had my share of threats a year ago, i just wanna build and be in a nice, friendly forum and exchange tips and experience with modellers like myself, and that i found here with you guys! you have my full support in this matter.
//Mats & Veerle
  • Bagge
  • Bagge
  • Campaign Advisor
    Campaign Advisor

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 00:13 #5

I never wanted to join a modellers forum before, because of the competition going on on most of them. Criticizing other members work to make your own work look better, just isn't my thing.

But T&T looked different, so I joined! I met a lot of great people, with which I had one thing in common, not our talent or the quality of our models, but the love of our hobby, scale modelling!

But soon EGO's inside T&T tried to dictate what was good or bad, and even worse, who was good or bad.

And so Modelers Alliance was born, free from all the BS, free for all modellers to join, enjoy and learn, even the mediocre ones like me!

Erik proud memeber of Modelers Alliance!

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 00:21 #6

Dragunov wrote:

Erik proud memeber of Modelers Alliance!

Thank you sir! Wonderful to have you back also. :dude
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 02:19 #7

I too want to publicly add my support to Modeler's Alliance.

As some of you may remember, I was the editor of our on-line magazine "Armoured Fury". After the split, I was threatened with legal action (copyright) by the admin's from the other site. I was forced to stop doing something that I really enjoyed doing for the community - simply out of spite - because I wouldn't take their side.

After seeing what has happened, I've NEVER seen anyone from MA threaten or bully the admin's of the other site. In fact, I've only ever seen the threats, bullying, and baseless claims coming from the admin's of the other forum.

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others, and the world, remains and is immortal". Albert Pine
Last Edit: 07 May 2012 02:21 by tanktrax.

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 04:24 #8

Drama is unnecessary.
Last Edit: 07 May 2012 05:13 by DaneBramage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AndyFettes

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 07:12 #9

making baseless claims is one thing, starting a smear campaign is another, both in combination can very easily become a nasty boomerang (keyword: libel action!)

for those who don't see the pattern behind this actual campaign (a pattern we from the team have grown accustomed to over many, many moons) should ask themselves the following things:

- if the claims towards the MA team were true, why start a public smear campaign?
- why not informing the police immediately, let them do their work and THEN go public?
- where are the proofs? did anybody see the mail(s) in question? (with header and ip address please!)

apart from that written above, i still have loads of abusive mails saved to my hdd, filled with threats, bullying and insultions towards team members and myself! sent out by who? ask yourself!

i ask myself what the facebook management thinks of members, abusing their service for highly questionable actions like those we're facing!

no further comment from my side! i'm by far too nauseated by the ruthlessness of someone playing an innocent angel in public and even more nauseated by the stupidity of some people who all too willingly believe those unsubstantial claims without any proof given!
Last Edit: 07 May 2012 07:58 by Kreighshoer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DaneBramage

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 07:50 #10

:(
No idea what this latest Tiff is about, I just don't understand how it happens if people just stick to building models.
???
I don't get it :idonno

Anyway I hope MA weathers this one OK, and I for one, can't imagine any of the MA staff doing anything but hosting a great site.
MA ALL THE WAY!
:mpup
Ian.

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 07:58 #11

Brokeneagle wrote:
No idea what this latest Tiff is about, I just don't understand how it happens if people just stick to building models.
???
I don't get it :idonno

Anyway I hope MA weathers this one OK, and I for one, can't imagine any of the MA staff doing anything but hosting a great site.
MA ALL THE WAY!
:mpup
Ian.

thank you for your support ian!

but i'm afraid that you brought yourself in the focus of a shitstorm from that person like other members here who already had received nasty mails just for being member here ...

Re: Announcement from the Administration 07 May 2012 09:25 #12

Brokeneagle wrote:
Ian.

Ain't it the truth!

Thank you Ian.
I told you photobucket sucks...

"If you don't like it why don't you just let it be"
Hank Williams Jr.
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds