• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Carbon Fiber sheets

Well Moon Pup , that is a decal , if you click on the photo below you will see it used on the roof of a car . It is more often used in racing cars and motorbike kits where the monocoque is visible , this is unpainted carbon fibre which has this distinct woven texture and it is impossible to replicate with anything other than a decal .

Have a look at modern motorbikes or formula one cars without the spoilers & body work attached and you will see the ultra lightweight Graphite beneath .

You use it as a normal decal but of course it is difficult to make it to conform to complex shapes .

Jenny :kiss:

Did not pick up that it was a decal. It looked like some sort of material that could form a complex shape and hold it some how...guess I'm thinking too far ahead.

Think of what we could do with a material that we could shape and by some process it holds the shape, sort of a vacuuform without the vacuum. Hey, I'm the big picture guy, I'll leave that up to you folks who figure out how to make it work. :mpup

Back