• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

It's all about the timing.

ausf

Master at Arms
So I decided I wanted to go back to some 1/35 sculpting, especially considering the new addition of the microscope.

I've wanted to do a full 'Fury' set, really nail the characters in 1/35 since the movie came out, I guess it's time to get started.

In my basement, I have two huge bins of aborted projects, half finished stuff or spare sprues, so I head down to check out what I have Sherman-wise.

Theres a crapload of German stuff, a few DML Tigers, A Jadg, some StuGs and two M4s. Unfortunately, they're earlier versions than used in Fury, both VVSS. I end up really going over what was there and found there were only a few complete kits otherwise just spare junk. Staying true to my whole clean up deal this past summer, I decide, enough, this has got to go. I comb through it all for anything useful, pull out all generic stuff or PE that may be useful elsewhere, bag it all up for the garbage. I don't bring that huge bag out right away, leave it at the top of the cellar stairs, just in case I change my mind.

I ordered the Ryefield Easy 8 kit and a PE set for the Willys I have with will also get me parts for the 30 cal with Fury had as well as the 50 mounted on top.

Monday is garbage day, so after a week, I figure it's safe to dump and out it goes, no regrets.

Tuesday night I sit down to watch Fury while I wait for the kit to come in and first thing I see is there are VVSS parts sitting on the glacis. Of course, the day after I toss no less than four sprues of those links and a handful of bogies. Plus two lengths of vinyl M4 tracks. :idonno

Never, ever throw parts away. That's for the kids to do when you're gone. B)

Never, ever throw parts away. That's for the kids to do when you're gone. B)

I hear ya Mike.

This was a bin of ten plus years. Shoulda known better of course.

Although I just started organizing again, and am doing it again. But I think I'll just move them downstairs again and toss them in 2030. :D

Yup, been there, though any more I just decide to NOT build a kit and sell it. Junk builds that will never be resurected get broken down or completely pitched. Parts come off the sprues and into a catch all box.

Back