• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another great lost to cancer...

Jeeves

Have to give my respect to Neil Peart...drummer for Rush. Having grown up just south of the Canadian border, they were a constant on the radio. Long ago he dabbled in models, but their music is a constant companion in my shop and while he's been retired for a few years now, the world is a bit more dim for me with his passing. Tipping back some scotch in his honor.

This hit me hard.

I bought my first real bass, a Jetglo (black) Rickenbacker 4001 because of Geddy back in 1978. Bass players have a tight relationship with drums and I paid close attention to Peart thorough the years.

Even more so last year when I started learning drums myself.

I saw Rush more than any other group over the years, they never disappointed.

It feels like the world dropped off a cliff the past few years and this isn't helping.

Nope...I'm with you man. Saw them three times in college and 3x here at SPAC in Saratoga...never a bad show...thinking about dusting off the drum set in my son's room and playing a few...

Back