• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Simpsonville SC IPMS model show Pic dump

iambrb

So was at this show for several hours,,, neat show! Unique in that they had the vendor tables went 'round the display tables, which was to my mind a very good way to go about this. Here are some pics showing some of the great stuff on display:

OK so this CSS Hunley, along with the metal "Plate" it was mounted on, was fully made of PAPER

h3edf715.jpg

hd0547b4.jpg

h3edf715_2019-09-14.jpg

This gent's comments regarding Vallejo paints was classic

hdb5d1cc.jpg

h852cee1.jpg

even a cosplay guy:

h3ba5998.jpg

h8796104.jpg

Aaaaand general stuff

he95e705.jpg

hb65803f.jpg

h8d0b44e.jpg

hedd0083.jpg

More:

not as good as Iron Mike, but still a nice pair O' STUGs

hf051499.jpg

h56b27b1.jpg

this guy was so cool because he was TINY

h31a4f96.jpg

More stuff

hc3bea3e.jpg

hb4f6b29.jpg

h3bad1fc.jpg

hd7eb9ff.jpg

hd29993f.jpg

h9ba423f.jpg

I had a good time, bought something I didn't think i'd ever buy, pictures later.

To be exact, the Hunley was never commissioned in the Confederate Navy so it never had the prefix CSS. That being said the model was amazing, all paper even the back plate. :notworthy

The Swampfox F16 was a show stopper as well as that Corsair. I wish the model makers would give us options on the wings, either folded or deploy, there was a bit of a joint where the wings didn't mate well. Trying not to be a rivet counter but it was distracting on a really nicely built model.

I tried not to acknowledge the cosplay guy, it'll only encourage them. I mean we're trying to be serious looking at our plastic models. :coolio

I didn't get that many pictures, ok I didn't get any other than this. Nice little foiled [strike]PT20 on floats[/strike] Ryan ST-3
:coolio

he5027c2.jpg

And I had to catch this.

h1f713b9.jpg

Back