• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Messing around with a new clay.

ausf

Master at Arms
New to me anyway.

I normally work with Aves: sculpt, carve, rinse, repeat. I'm giving this stuff a shot, it's Monster Clay, wax based so it never hardens. Upside is I can grab it whenever I want, work a few minutes and move on. Downside is, detail can disappear with the slightest yip. I may rough it, then cast and finish with Aves, we'll see, this is just for giggles.

I went with Poole to go with my EVA Pod, it's 1/8. Gary Lockwood has a very smooth face, it's tough to get the angles right, probably should have started with Dullea.

Anyway, heres a test shot I took to see how the dimensions are shaping up. Looks like I'm not to far off, just need to knock down teh cheeks and sharpen the jawline then I can get serious about.

h2c64380.jpg

First, you are an absolute artist, to be able to sculpt a face like this is just unimaginable to me. I want to heap praise before I'm critical...

His mouth looks a bit narrow and the nose looks a bit wide, you're already talking about the jawline. Looks more like Dobbie Gillis right now.

I"m in awe of your skill! :notworthy

Thanks guys.

First, you are an absolute artist, to be able to sculpt a face like this is just unimaginable to me. I want to heap praise before I'm critical...

His mouth looks a bit narrow and the nose looks a bit wide, you're already talking about the jawline. Looks more like Dobbie Gillis right now.

I"m in awe of your skill! :notworthy

Bob,

If you look at the profile photo between my fingers and the piece, you'll see he has a very strange nose. It's completely different in profile than from the front. It's kinda bumpy-bulbous at the end, thin down the middle and really wide near the eyes. I think when I flatten the cheeks, I'll be able to dial in the nose shape better. I hope at least. I'm going for the profile (lip reading scene) so, that'll be the expression, where he's pursing his lips a bit. The guys face is so malleable, the tiniest movement of a tool yields a completely different expression.

If you look at this pick, the nose is too small (lower lip too) and angled wrong.

h4dea9fd.jpg

Excellent Jeff!

So you have the new EVA pod as well. At 1/8th it is rather large though it doesn't take up much space. I agree it does need a figure with it and it looks like you are on the right track!

Looks_Good_GIF.gif

Back