• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Correct Modern Russian Green

iambrb

Hey guys, and thanks in advance for looking!

So sometimes on other sites (an sometimes here too/via me!) I hear the question asked of "what is appropriate Russian Green? Well I dug this out this morning, in order to demonstrate that very color.

During the Gorbachez/Glastnost period (1990 or '91, IIRC) I had a collegue that was in international business. Some months after "The Wall Fell" in Berlin, he hopped a plane first to the then-DDR, then on to Russia. he bought this ammo can off of a T-72. As in, he handed them American cash, they dumped the ammo into the tank, and handed him the can. He boxed & took this and some other items with him as he drove back in a rented car. A few bribes and buys along the way, one visit to a mailing center, and he had a large package of stuff, and from him I bought this!

So here it is, in original paint. Note that the green is painted over what feels like anodized aluminum. Also note the feed direction indicator on the lid, and the feed roller on the inside (Please excuse the boxes of shotgun shells..they're all mine).

Exhibit A

h46ecd7a.jpg

hd3cb09a.jpg

h8c2d335.jpg

ha888e05.jpg

heeeb9fe.jpg

h76ba229.jpg

h3c5079b.jpg

Good to know that what ever green I use on an BMP would correct.
Thanks for the information.
Frank
:coolio

Back