• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

New addition to the family!

sharkman

Master at Arms
So, life wasn't complicated enough.......we added a new puppy to our household!

he000c92.jpeg

She's a 9 week old chocolate lab named Blue. To quote Bill Murry, "She's short, her belly button sticks out too far, and she's a terrible burden."

Of course I don't mean that, but her breath does stink!

:)

Trust me, that dog will find water and when she drinks you will think a killer whale came through the house :D

Love those labs.....and did I say they need to be able to run :hmmm Need some real chew toys besides your shoes or your wallet .

Cheers, Christian B)

See if this will open for you. It 's a perfect example of what the lab mind thinks of .

https://www.facebook.com/VSbyHowlers/videos/2065521163481403/?hc_ref=ARRKkuPdD4tn2uWN2Lp5o_x2rldKxGrDaWeCyHotGfHNjNodPneiZCgrSh9g71eRCj4

Cheers, Christian :rotf

Very cool.

Best of Luck with Blue. He's beautiful, such a deep coat.

I have a 5 year old Chocolate now (actually a Silver which just means a diluted Chocolate).

We can't use the words 'hike' or 'swim' in his presence otherwise he won't give you a second without him stuck to your side until he gets one of them.

I don't know if you're familiar with Labs (I suspect you are since they are tailor made for your lifestyle, but it was recently discovered that they (and one other breed) are genetically incapable of not being hungry. Seriously, which makes sense since I've only had Labs and am amazed whenever at someone's house and see a bowl of dog food.

Here's a photo of Easy at 6 weeks:

he885aba.jpg

yeah, that one has some miles on it. mine wanted to swim to the middle of lake Mead to chase a boat...

Cheers, Christian B)

They are both cute as can be! My brother has a black lab and he is a hunting dog. They do Pheasant and other stuff. I don't know about the "always hungry" bit as I had a Australian Shepard and he only ate when I fixed dinner or he was hungry and then not much. Thus ever since he was a puppy I had a giant automatic feeder for him. He never got fat or overweight.

One time when my brother was down visiting Mom, they let him out in the back yard. It was fenced, but he decided to go exploring and hopped the fence. They spent about an hour looking for him when all of a sudden he reappeared on the front porch all wet, muddy, and happy as a clam. He found a pond someplace around there, went for a swim and came home.

duh.gif

Yeah, you can't keep them out of water if you tried, my Black Lab (before the Silver) used to smash his way into the early Winter ice cover and swim around like a canine icebreaker. In the Spring, he'd push any remaining flows around like a paddle board.

In terms of food, one time my brother was watching him for us when we went away for a week. I gave him a new 40 lb bag of kibble that he kept in his basement. He said every so often the dog would disappear and when he called, he'd come running up the stairs. At first he thought he just liked it down there until he caught him with his head in the bag. He ate 2/3s of it before they found out. :D

Back