• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Half Track Tire Question???

Tony lee

Master at Arms

Is the grey plastic side wall part suppose to be armor protection on the front tires or just Dragons being odd balls????

Thanks
Tony lee

They are regular tires, but Dragon being Dragon, made the outer part of the tire in DS vinyl so there would be no seam to remove along the treads. One thing I noticed from the instructions is the styrene insert should be on the inside of the tires. A couple of other builds I saw commented on the nasty step/seam between the vinyl and styrene that took some careful filling and sanding but wasn't that visible when mounted.

Cheers,
Rich

Thanks Rich :good:

I didn't think that looked right so when I glued the rims together I used very little glue.To get them apart I let some Tamiya extra thin seep into the seam and push the centers outs and turned them around.

All is right with the world again (y)

Much appreciated my good man.
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Glad I could help. :soldier

i-m-from-the-government-and-i-m-here-to-help-3.png

Cheers,
Rich

Looking good Tony! (y)

I have done some one step back stuff recently myself. Usually not too difficult unless you build it to never come apart.

Back