• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 SS-100 Heavy Tractor

Old Dog

In the last two MM month campaigns I tortured myself with 1/200 scale kits and though I still have several of these in the stash I decided to go with something easier this year. My modeling mojo has been in the dumper so far this year and I needed something that I might actually be able to finish so this got the nod...

ss-100box.jpg

Obligatory start up photos after this kicks off.

Yes, last year was a record year for completions but I think doing so caused some burn out, can't seem to get back in the mood.

OK, here is the obligatory start photo, need to clear the bench first but should be starting soon.

ss-100-start.jpg

Looks like March will be a busy month as I need to build an F-104 for the Vietnam campaign as well. :bang head

And we are off to the races with 21 days to go. This is the first Tamiya kit that I have assembled in a couple years and I almost forgot how nice it is to have parts that actually fit together. I need to do them more often. Anyway most of the major parts have had their coat of panzergeld applied and much of the chassis has been assembled. I'm going to do some basic grunge application to the underneath side before installing the axles and wheels. Everything fits well so I'm going to piece things together and apply the panzergrun before doing the final assembly.

ss-100-b01.jpg

A closer view of the chassis as it stands now, top

ss-100-b02.jpg

and bottom...

ss-100-b03.jpg

Incidentally the boo-boo on the front fender will be cover with the green :pp

More soon, thanks for looking !

OK, one last update before I finish this one, still needs some grunge and wear and tear, once I'm happy with that I'll install all the fiddly bits and finish it up.

I dirtied up the wheel wells then installed the axles and wheels and added more dirt, grime and oil stains.

ss-100-b04.jpg

The interior was done next, I normally don't do figures as I really suck painting them but this guy won't be all that visible and I thought I needed a driver.

ss-100-b05.jpg

Body, fuel tank and tool box installed, it's finally starting to look like a truck...

ss-100-b06.jpg

ss-100-b07.jpg

Next time you see it it should be all done ! Thanks for looking !

Back