• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

570S

ij001

RoG's McLaren 570S all done, finished in Tamiya TS21 Gold, with Semi Gloss Black and Alclad Dark Aluminium details. Interior is my own 'cream' and 'light black' acrylic mixes. The CF decals are from Ka Models of Korea (highly recommended). Not a great kit and fought me all the way to the very end - the final assembly is a proper PitA. I knew to attach the dash onto the lip BEFORE adding the interior because I'd read and seen so many build reviews. Even so, the final fit is truly dreadful...

All that said, like the Ferrari 458, the finished car is truly a thing of beauty to my eye. Please feel free to make any comments or ask any questions (yes I know the exhausts aren't on yet).

NbBYL4g.jpg

U3UrhFK.jpg

WpQYFB0.jpg

aEHCHy4.jpg

2Rjoj7L.jpg

z3px4bZ.jpg

RDlkaFs.jpg

rU9cjM9.jpg

Hw0xC6p.jpg

05wfwRS.jpg

Best from NZ.

Ian.

It may have been a PITA...but at least you got a fine looking kit for your troubles. :drinks

Wow neat work! IRL there is a guy that made a youtube vid about owning the US-Street legal version of this car. Per him, the car is 'timed' in hours used, just like a real sports car (or even airplane), that being, for the time you own it or drive it, you eat up the hours between maintenance cycles. I think he said if it sat still in his garage fro a year, the cost to have it maintained was tens of thousand of dollars, so much like the kit, the car CAN be a PItA too (depending on your wallet, I guess)

Ah! here is the video - I guess this guy could afford it! - hey jump to about 3:20 to maybe 4 minutes, in there he tells you what it costs to have it sit still for a year, it is 3/4 my remaining mortgage!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsKDGdcb6BQ

Thank you for the feedback and comments folks, always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Ian.

Back