• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AgustaWestland AW101 Helo

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
In preparation for the upcoming ScaleACT 2019 - Canberra show, one of the best in the country in my opinion, and in the absence of space to work on the Bismarck, combined with the presence of always something bloody going wrong for some stupid reason, I have decided to do this model, for the special category called something or other, which, this year has the theme "At the movies". This means vehicles from movies, but they have to be real things, not sci-fi stuff or concoctions / contraptions etc etc.
For this purpose, I chose the 1/72 Italeri kit Augsta Westland AW101 that appeared in the 007 James Bond movie Skyfall. Big badass green thing with a machine gun and plenty of moves. :D

If you go for straight OOB, it's nice and easy, pieces fit together nicely. I wanted something more so I chose to overcomplicate (megacomplicate) my own life.

Some photos attached, not too many this time around as I had also struggled to find the camera after we moved to Canberra, and, even if I did find it, I ended up taking most pics on the phone anyway.

hcfad72f.JPG

Some of the big parts

h0255e46.JPG

Padding in the cabin - Milliput

hc4dfd8c.JPG

h3d9587d.JPG

h7ed5ff4.JPG

hd639faf.JPG

Hand painted - graphite and oils, some air drying clay, static grass, cat litter etc

Will see how it goes, I had some fun doing it, here's a photo of the original thing, onboard a ship. Credit to the owners of the photo and all the things we have to say when using someone else's stuff.

h979c4ca.jpg

And the entrance to the estate, as it appeared in the movie.

h8c3e577.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Laurence

Back