• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M.A.N. - Burnt Out Cab

tiking

I have been experimenting lately with different burnt out effects lately. As you can see in some pics I have tried simulating carbon fibers as they literally tear into almost thread-like material, by using disinfection wipes. It looks 'OK' but not quite perfect. I have added more modulation effects on the cab and more weathering on the overall cab and truck as a whole.

The right tyre is flat. It is difficult to tell with all the ashes surrounding it. And yes, my reference photo had a similar attribute. I know most would wonder why the right tyre did not get burnt to a crisp like the left tyre...
In most cases depending on the degree of the fire and where it was most intense. I have seen photos with similar attributes.

I think , I am satisfied with the results , especially, after taking some outside photos of the model. What do you guys think?

If it weren't for the edges of the base being in some of the photos I would have thought the truck was real. I've seen my share of burnt out and destroyed vehicles and your work looks quite realistic. The only question I would have is why is the front right tire intact after all of the fire damage has occurred to the cab? Wind direction could have played a factor, but I would think if the fire was intense enough to burn out the insides and the engine area that the tire would have been affected too. Just a thought. Your work is excellent and is way better than what I could do.

Great job.

Cheers,
James

If it weren't for the edges of the base being in some of the photos I would have thought the truck was real. I've seen my share of burnt out and destroyed vehicles and your work looks quite realistic. The only question I would have is why is the front right tire intact after all of the fire damage has occurred to the cab? Wind direction could have played a factor, but I would think if the fire was intense enough to burn out the insides and the engine area that the tire would have been affected too. Just a thought. Your work is excellent and is way better than what I could do.

Great job.

Cheers,
James

Thanks. I have many people asking me about the right tyre. All I can say is, The right Tyre is flat. It is difficult to tell with all the ashes surrounding it. And yes, my reference photo had a similar attribute. I know most would wonder why the right Tyre did not get burnt to a crisp like the left tyre...

In most cases depending on the degree of the fire and where it was most intense. I have seen photos with similar attributes. Here is a reference photo, that inspired me. There are many photos on the net with examples of the tires not completely burnt. Here is one of them. So you can put all doubts aside. ;) Hope it helps:

Back