• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Arsenal smart assistant AI

JSteinman

Master at Arms
I had some Amazon gift cards to use so I bought an Arsenal camera AI system

https://witharsenal.com/

Pretty interesting so far. I am using a Nikon D5000 with two AFS-Nikkor lenses. A 18-55mm and a Micro 40mm.

The AI will auto stack photos, by EV step, and Depth of field, if you so desire, it is also completely wireless and controlled from my iPhone. It does lots of stuff so check out the link above. Below are two photos, one EV stacked from 5 photos in 1/3 EV steps, the 2nd Focal distance stacked in 5 shots.

h72031fc.jpg

h1ab3059.JPG

The last photo uses Nikon's 3D area focus at F25 1/3+EV ISO 100 and 1/4s shutter speed.

h0930c87.JPG

And this final one is all the FD and EV photos stacked in Paint Shop Pro.

he66f6d7.jpg

Nice, maybe Santa will bring me a nice, real camera.

Crazy technology they have today and a very reasonable price for that add on.

So far I think I take better pictures than the AI - so far.

Here are a few more taken with the Micro-40mm F25, 1/4s and EV from 0 to 1

EV 0
h0fcebdc.JPG

EV.3
he7f7112.JPG

EV.7
h88bb666.JPG

EV 1.0
h7b1fba3.JPG

While I can see some differences in the photos, I like them all. I think our software is compressing what you upload and might be washing out a lot of detail that your originals have. Even rendering externally hosted images would be resized.

While I can see some differences in the photos, I like them all. I think our software is compressing what you upload and might be washing out a lot of detail that your originals have. Even rendering externally hosted images would be resized.

Indeed, it does. But these are close approximations.

I have found that attaching the photos does tend to do a number on them quality wise. Using the gallery does help with photo quality when posting on the site. I use both depending on weather it is a quickie photo or photos for a build.

As for my photos I have been using my Nikon D3500 with the 18-50 lens since the nationals. One thing I found is that I have to use that lens in the 50mm zoom setting or I get the curve barrel (?) effect. The 55mm setting works well though and I have found that it can zoom in quite close with no weird warpage. I will also use the flash and my desk lamps for lighting. Finally when doing posts I use the software to adjust brightness and contrast which usually is all that is needed. When shooting I keep the aperture set as small as possible and keep the lighting up which gives good depth of field.

So far it is working much better than the little point and shoot cams I have been using for years.

I wanted to buy that Arsenal but a 150-600 Sigma contemporary got in the way. I have Paint Shop pro ultimate and After shot but I am still not understanding layers. I did some stacking but it just didn't have results that I was looking for so I pre purchased Luminar 4 which is supposed to be released this month some time. I do think that your images came out very well, John. Kudos. :good:

Not sure if it's the same thing but layers in graphics gives us the different elements, take our ribbons for example. We can lay down a color and apply a filter of texture to make it look like a ribbon. Compress that into one layer then we can add a sharkmouth or text and so on. Is that the same for digital photography now?

Not sure if it's the same thing but layers in graphics gives us the different elements, take our ribbons for example. We can lay down a color and apply a filter of texture to make it look like a ribbon. Compress that into one layer then we can add a sharkmouth or text and so on. Is that the same for digital photography now?

Almost. With the post processing software you can stack let’s say two images, one focused on a far object one a near to get the whole image in focus. This is a gross simplification, but I hope you get the idea.

My Pentax K-3 II has a function called HDR capture, High Dynamic Range. It will do up to +_3EV and combine all the exposures, and will auto align if that is selected. I've used it a little. Mostly I just shoot at F32 and up for depth of field, with 3 to 5 second exposures.

Back