• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Looking for Hasegawa F-8 Zuni Rocket Pods

Skinny_Mike

Hi guys! I am hoping someone can help me out.

I am assembling parts to make a USMC F-4 with a close air support load out 1/48 scale. This load out includes the 2-place Zuni Rocket Pods mounted on the inboard sidewinder rails. It appears these pods are included in the 1/48 Hasegawa F-8E kit, but they may be included in other F-8 kits, I don't really know. Does anyone have this kit and would be willing to part with 2 of the rocket pods, or has them in their spares bin? Happy to pay for them and shipping, etc...

Here is a picture of the load out, you can see the zuni pods on the sidewinder rail (above the Mk82s)

h4d6c6b2.jpg

I can get the kit on Ebay, but at $60ish it doesn't seem cost effective to me.

Thanks for the help!
Mike

Quick update: Continuing my research, it appears that the pods are also in the F-8J kit as well, if anyone has that kit and is not using the pods, I'd be happy to take them off your hands!

Thanks
Mike

Any chance these are included in the Hasegawa weapon sets ? I have the "B" and "C" sets but I'm pretty clueless on this era of weapons. Nothing in the set is labeled Zuni, all are marked by their military designation such as AIM-9 etc.

I have a set of photo etch rocket pods for a Huey you can have. Don't know if they are the same or not. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

That would be the LAU-10 Rocket pod. I doubt I have it Gary but will look.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Objects/us-lau-10-a-zuni-rocket-pods/EDU00648226/product.php?type=alternatives

Any chance these are included in the Hasegawa weapon sets ? I have the "B" and "C" sets but I'm pretty clueless on this era of weapons. Nothing in the set is labeled Zuni, all are marked by their military designation such as AIM-9 etc.

I didn't think to look there, I have all of the sets and just checked they are not included.

Thanks though.

Mike

I have a set of photo etch rocket pods for a Huey you can have. Don't know if they are the same or not. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

I don't think those would be the right ones Gary, these seem to be specific to the Marine fast Jets.

Thanks for the offer though.

Mike

That would be the LAU-10 Rocket pod. I doubt I have it Gary but will look.

Is this what you're looking for?

https://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories/Objects/us-lau-10-a-zuni-rocket-pods/EDU00648226/product.php?type=alternatives

Unfortunately no, those are the 4 place pods I can get from your favorite model accessory company :rotf (sorry Bob couldn't resist!)

I found a better picture from another build, if this helps...

h9360587.jpg

Thanks
Mike

Back